• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers Syndrome TV show

Maybe you could give a bit more information? Like what is this Aspergers show called? What time and channel does it air on? Also, this doesn't belong in the Serious Discussion forum.

*Admin Note: Thread moved to appropriate forum.

I saw a promo for this show on the Science Channel a little while ago. While it may be worth seeing (I think I spotted Temple Grandin and John Elder Robison in it), the promo has a certain "Lets all gawk at the weird people!" tone that makes me a little uncomfortable (did this show really have to be advertised as being "From the prodcers of Hoarders?"). You'd think that the people running the Science Channel would be a little more careful about that since a significant percentage of the Science Channel's audience is probably made up of people with AS! I'd really like to see more in the media about how surprisingly "normal" people with AS can be rather than more sensationalistic narratives about aspies all being "tortured geniuses trapped by their obsessions" or whatever, but I guess that's just not as "interesting."

you do have a good pot... i bet alot of pll with as like it but... it airs the day before i go to live with my friend so...

New Threads

Top Bottom