• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger's, NVLD, Autism or PDD-NOS?

XrayMe

Im just gonna cut right to it. It always pertrubes me when I think about where I am on the autistic spectrum. I was wondering if you fellow auties and aspies could give me an estimate where I am on the spectrum.

Symptoms JUST in early childhood:
- I had a speech delay and I never crawled
- Avoided Eye contact (?)
- Mixing up pronouns

Symptoms I have now and in early childhood:
- Lack of empathy
- Does not understand when an individual is getting bored
- Only wants to talk about what interests me
- Lack of social skills
- Pervasive Interests
- Sensory Over- and Under-processing
- Repetitive hand movements (Finger flicking)
- Hand wringing
- IQ 100<
- Average Vocabulary
- Great memory
- Executive dysfunction
- Clumsiness
- Emotionally Rigid (Very)
- Attention to detail
- Odd way of sitting
- Take things literally

I could list three pages of symptoms but I'm too tired for that. In your honest opinion which of the four diagnoses above do you think I have, or do you think I am not on the spectrum.

I think you're putting a lot of emphasis on the label that is going to be put on you, and while it's important to know how you operate, I want to remind you that you are a unique individual, and no diagnosis will perfectly describe who you are and what works for you. That being said, I would like to remind you that a good diagnosis is rare on the internet, whether it's with experts or not, and I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not an expert on the subject by any means, so it would be unfair for me to put ideas in your head about who you are.

From my limited understanding, I'd put you closer to autism itself than Asperger's because of the developmental delays, stimming, specialties, and social issues. I'm not all that familiar with NVLD or PDD-NOS.

It depends on how great your speech delay was, but I would say Asperger's or mild autism (DSM 5). It also depends on your current functioning level. If your are fairly independent an don't have speech difficulties, you would be in the mild (level 1) category, if you need a lot of support you'd be in the moderate (level 2) category.

It depends on how great your speech delay was, but I would say Asperger's or mild autism (DSM 5). It also depends on your current functioning level. If your are fairly independent an don't have speech difficulties, you would be in the mild (level 1) category, if you need a lot of support you'd be in the moderate (level 2) category.
My speech delay consisted of starting to speak single words at 2 and sentences at 3 (barely). I didnt really speak until age four.

My speech delay consisted of starting to speak single words at 2 and sentences at 3 (barely). I didnt really speak until age four.
Oh, I see. I can't really say because I'm not an expert, but that could be either HFA or Asperger's... but probably Asperger's.

New Threads

Top Bottom