• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger Syndrome and Employment: What People with Asperger Syndrome Really Really Want

Asperger Syndrome and Employment: What People with Asperger Syndrome Really Really Want 2021-02-27

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
VictorR submitted a new resource:

Asperger Syndrome and Employment: What People with Asperger Syndrome Really Really Want - Survey of Aspies' wants and challenges in regards to employment

The number of adults with Asperger Syndrome retaining full-time employment is extremely low in comparison to those who may be considered to have more limiting conditions and disabilities. This book identifies why this is the case by asking the individuals concerned what they find difficult about working. Looking at expectations, motivations, working conditions and other factors, Sarah Hendrickx explores the reasons why work just doesn't work for many people with Asperger Syndrome and how to...

Read more about this resource...

I still can't find a way to get paid for what I do, specifically, building healthy relationships with animals (rehabilitation, training, etc.). I just can't people well enough to get any money for what I do, and thanks to comorbids, I can't physically work long enough or consistently enough to make money working with animals. I hate my life. Honestly, its the social expectations that make it impossible for me to make a living. Navigating systems and bureaucracies, respecting "authority", etc. all mean I can't handle the human side of a typical job. I'd rather work with organizations, but again, managers and most humans can't get along with me, and no one will pay me a livable wage to JUST train/work with animals without cleaning up after them (physical limitations). GRRRRR...Why does this have to be so effing hard??

New Threads

Top Bottom