• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD-themed jewelry/accessories

umbrellabeach

What ASD-themed jewelry or accessories do you have?

I used to have an autism awareness ribbon pin with the rainbow puzzle pieces on it. I wore it on my apron to work (didn't reduce the bullying; people probably didn't even notice it) and later put it on my purse. But a month ago I looked at my purse and realized it was gone. It fell out somewhere and got lost. :( So I need to replace it. At least it was cheap.

A few years ago I bought a bracelet with an infinity symbol charm. Since I don't wear bracelets often (especially since I have small wrists and many are too big even if they're adjustable) I cut off the bracelet part and tried to make a necklace out of the charm. It was hard since the little handle things are on the side and if I just attach a string or chain to them, the charm hangs facing down like a pair of glasses. However, tonight I wove a jewelry cord around it and it hangs as it should now. :) I just need to get a clasp for the ends. Here's a picture:

DSC00341.JPG

I didn't have a yellow cord for the "light it up gold" thing, which I support more than blue for Autism Speaks, so the cord is actually more of an apricot color, but it works.

I wear a ring with the infinity symbol strung on my chain. Silver, both of them. Can't stand rings on my fingers.

Do t-shirts count
i have one from the British NAS- Admittedly as usual it has children depicted on the front but it does say stand out for Autism

Do t-shirts count
i have one from the British NAS- Admittedly as usual it has children depicted on the front but it does say stand out for Autism

Yeah, shirts count too.
Which reminds me, I bought a shirt from the "girl with the curly hair" project (look it up on Facebook) in 2015.
I've also debated buying a "We are the people the anti-vaxxers warned you about" shirt from Nathan McConnell of the Growing Up Aspie comic, but decided not to for now because I have too many shirts lol.

I could definitely have multiples of themed t-shirts got a red dwarf one in the nineties wanted as usual more and memory foam shoes only have two pairs :'(and bags of many sizes :-O and thermal gloves colour forms gel pens watercolour pencils felt tip pens friction erase pen colour pencils watercolour /ac
Yeah, shirts count too.
Which reminds me, I bought a shirt from the "girl with the curly hair" project (look it up on Facebook) in 2015.
I've also debated buying a "We are the people the anti-vaxxers warned you about" shirt from Nathan McConnell of the Growing Up Aspie comic, but decided not to for now because I have too many shirts lol.

ac meant acrylic paints glitter ribbon love ribbon card love sequin holographic card glad i said this ,now i know what i DONT!!!!!!! need !;-)
I could definitely have multiples of themed t-shirts got a red dwarf one in the nineties wanted as usual more and memory foam shoes only have two pairs :'(and bags of many sizes :-O and thermal gloves colour forms gel pens watercolour pencils felt tip pens friction erase pen colour pencils watercolour /ac

i dont wear jewellery but i do have a medical ID bracelet that says 'classic autism' amongst other gubbins, and i have two tshirts that make me think of autism,one of them i got off amazon says 'celebrate neurodiversity' and it has a infinity logo on it,and the other was from marks and spencers at christmas-it has rows and rows of penguins and then one in the middle that dresses differently,i use it still because i like it and it reminds me of autism, standing out of the crowd looking different.

thankyou for posting that site,ive heard of etsy sort of... before but i never knew they sold stuff,when i get a pay as you go debit card [im under a legal appointee so have no access to my money] i shall be spending it greatly on etsys ASD stuff forthwith. :)

I love etsy because it supports independent artists and entrepreneurs. It's especially great for autism stuff because stim toys and pins and stuff are often made and sold by other autistic folk.

Just looked on amazon cp has a rainbow coloured puzzle piece jewellery so do etsy UK
Thanks, but I think buttons are safer than pins - as in they won't fall off my purse as easily. There are some nice ones on Amazon... although some of them are from CafePress. Does CP still support Autism Speaks? If so I won't buy those ones.

Sucks you lost your pin. They suck that way, I stopped wearing pins and buttons and started using them to decorate cloth lampshades instead. If I ever lost my Thespian button from highschool I would be devastated. Do you think you would be allowed a sew or iron on patch?

Lets see, I have my medical bracelet that says "Autism" on the chrome part(I become non verbal when stressed or overwhelmed), the band is blue with green gecko lizards on it. I have 3 T shirts. Both my truck and my wife's has Autism Awareness ribbon decals on them, and the top of the hood and fenders on my old Wheelhorse garden tractor has rainbow puzzle pieces on it. I mow and take the tractor to shows. Mike

Sucks you lost your pin. They suck that way, I stopped wearing pins and buttons and started using them to decorate cloth lampshades instead. If I ever lost my Thespian button from highschool I would be devastated. Do you think you would be allowed a sew or iron on patch?

I could, but then it would be hard to move it if I ever wanted to rearrange the pins and things.

Well, good news on my new necklace: I was going through some old jewelry and found an old necklace with a similar cord and a one of those metal clasp things you fold down onto the cord with pliers, so I took it off and put it on the new necklace. :) The actual lobster clasp thing was broken so I replaced it with one of my mom's spares. It's all finished. Unfortunately I don't have time to take a picture tonight.

I am sorry, but I live in an area with almost no community for autistic adults (I don't know anyone else like me IRL in my area). How does one find our what symbols are linked to ASD and why?

Why are infinity symbols and rainbows linked to autism? I though rainbows were already taken by gay pride? Who decides these things?

Sorry if these questions are silly.

I am sorry, but I live in an area with almost no community for autistic adults (I don't know anyone else like me IRL in my area). How does one find our what symbols are linked to ASD and why?

Why are infinity symbols and rainbows linked to autism? I though rainbows were already taken by gay pride? Who decides these things?

Sorry if these questions are silly.

Autism rights movement - Wikipedia

New Threads

Top Bottom