• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASAN breaks ties with "Sesame Street"

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member
In the wake of Autism Speaks new partnership with "Sesame Street", Autsitic Self Advocacy Network had broke ties with the classic American children's show.

ASAN Has Ended Partnership With Sesame Street

As an Autistic YouTube Creator, I did hit hard with a video promoting autism acceptance and I had also pushed the extremes to boycott "Autism Speaks" since I've heard in more than 12 months it's bad for the autistic community, I explain all this in my video.

I even made a memes that's yet to go viral.

68350162_2360793730835868_3009099150374469632_n.jpg

What do you think and how do you feel?

I have posted my own reaction which I will write in another thread and post that link here

My reaction to the ASAN ending partnership with Seasame Street

But basically I’m not surprised

Autism speaks out a big opportunity to use Julia as a tool to help bring acceptance

As well as showing a positive representation of the lower functioning and younger community

Unfortunately and expectedly this has not happened

Last edited:
It always leaves me perplexed. "You" get excellent results, but change anyway? It seems to me that they are bending to a certain type of viewer and why, they are not seeing sense.

I did sort of chuckle at one part. When one is arguing with the marriage mate. Remember it is austim that is the cause, because in fact, that is what my husband has used. I will forgive you, because it is aspergers talking and in truth, I figure: why not just go with the flow, if it stops an argument?

It always leaves me perplexed. "You" get excellent results, but change anyway? It seems to me that they are bending to a certain type of viewer and why, they are not seeing sense.

Because AS has a lot of money which Sesame Street wanted, I imagine.

I did sort of chuckle at one part. When one is arguing with the marriage mate. Remember it is austim that is the cause, because in fact, that is what my husband has used. I will forgive you, because it is aspergers talking and in truth, I figure: why not just go with the flow, if it stops an argument?

I don't know anything about your marriage, so take this as the nonspecific general advice that it is:

Be careful you don't let someone dismiss your legitimate concerns because "It's just the autism talking". That's opening the door to all kinds of bad things (I've actually done this..."I'm really uncomfortable in this situation...oh it's just the anxiety. Everything's fine here, it's my anxiety that's the problem." and NO, it was NOT fine, and I should have run, but I didn't because I let my anxiety be an excuse for the legitimate discomfort that I felt.)

I've posted the exact article 2 weeks ago, basically the same day as it came out, this is nothing new and is old news at this point.

Here's my post on it: ASAN ends partnership w/ Sesame Street

I will say however, that it is still greatly astonishing that Sesame Street would approach and accept A$ and their money. I hope they eventually see that they're in the wrong with their decision. In another Online group I'm in, they were discussing that there's a possibility when parents go to search the stuff in these new "Ads" that the article with the above will come up, along with the damning evidence that A$ is not so friendly looking (such as the Budget Chart made by ASAN that shows how A$ truly spends their funding, which would be a great start for those oblivious)

Last edited:
I will say however, that it is still greatly astonishing that Sesame Street would approach and accept A$ and their money. I hope they eventually see that they're in the wrong with their decision.

The old-style way that information and news got out was through a few sources: Newspapers, news shows, a few periodicals. They prided themselves on journalistic integrity, but it made them a bottleneck for news. If you couldn't get your info out through them, you couldn't get your info out at all.

Now, we have thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of news sources and none of them are bound by journalistic integrity. Whoever shouts the loudest wins the most viewers.

Clearly, AS has become the one who shouts the loudest. It doesn't matter if they are right - if they can get more of their messages to the ears of Sesame Street (or other sponsors and partners), they will get what they want.

New Threads

Top Bottom