• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

As a disabled Aspie wrestling fan, should I try wrestling at a school in Rovvrem?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

It's in Rotherham but that was too long to fit in the title.

This has come about from a couple of Tweets between me and NCWA-UK and EBW (Elite British Wrestling) who have invited me to a training session at their place in Rotherham, England.

I need to speak to Dad about it, and knowing him he'll say definitely not on safety grounds, but if he does say go for it, would I be able to be a wrestler? I know I'm old by wrestling standards at 3 weeks off 42, most wrestlers retire in their 40's, but I still think I could make it work, my gimmick if I got that far into training could be an English cross between The Rock and William Regal called The Stone.

Yeah a bit of wishful thinking there lol.

Are they offering you training?

Or are they offering you a chance to watch other
wrestlers train, sort of like going to see pre-season
warm-ups, for other sports?

Are they offering you training?

Or are they offering you a chance to watch other
wrestlers train, sort of like going to see pre-season
warm-ups, for other sports?

They are offering wrestling training, I already have Martial Arts experience, so this could be good exercise and stuff.

As mentioned it's all based on conversations on Twitter, I need to speak to Dad but I'm almost certain he'd put the kybosh on it.

They are offering wrestling training, I already have Martial Arts experience, so this could be good exercise and stuff.

As mentioned it's all based on conversations on Twitter, I need to speak to Dad but I'm almost certain he'd put the kybosh on it.

Did they mention a fee?
Surely they don't give training for free....o_O

I would say to go for it, sounds like it could be an interesting experience... And not to tread on any toes, but you are an adult, you should have an ability to do your own thing... Just saying... :)

Did they mention a fee?
Surely they don't give training for free....o_O

Generally the first session would be free as a "taster" to see if I A) like it, and B) can physically do it, which is more crucial.

If you are concerned about what your physical limitations are, you could consult with a healthcare professional they would probably be about to answer any questions you have.

I'm not doing it, Dad says it's too dangerous with my back problems and mobility issues.

I did Tweet the company though and tell them that I could still be involved in their activities as a Ring announcer or colour commentator, I could be the young Kent Walton (commentated on British wrestling in the 60's, 70's and 80's).

I'm not doing it, Dad says it's too dangerous with my back problems and mobility issues.

I did Tweet the company though and tell them that I could still be involved in their activities as a Ring announcer or colour commentator, I could be the young Kent Walton (commentated on British wrestling in the 60's, 70's and 80's).

That's a great approach, there are lots of ways to get involved...

I was about to say it depends on what kind of disabilities you have
Since you said back and mobility problems your dad was right to say no :)

Im glad you have asked to be involved another way though i really hope they do give you a chance to be a ring announcer and colour commentator good luck with it if they agree :)

i’ve been watching it since i was 6.i went to 2 live events.one of them was in Long Island or New Jersey.the other was at Madison Square Garden.around Summertime 2010,there was this show called TNA.they did this event known as Hardcore Justice,featuring ECW Legends.four nights removed from the event.as the legends were celebrating one last time,the lights go out and Rob Van Dam was attacked backstage.a group called Immortal & Fortune attacked the ECW Legends backstage.causing me to use matches that allow weapons on every WWE Superstar’s video game counterpart on the bad guy roster,based on how terribly they treat the fans,and i'm just like Dean Ambrose:behaviorally unstable !

New Threads

Top Bottom