• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Art that feels right

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
Okay I wasnt originally going to make a full post for another thing I'd made, but once I got this done I just absolutely needed to properly share it:

IMG_1828.png

This is "Amalga Heart"

The first thing I've made that has real feeling, intent, and importance to it. Even considering the name. Amalga Heart is a name I use sometimes online, when I dont use "Misery" or "Sophie Carre". That's all three that I use, with each having different meaning & attachment for me.

This image is also the first time I've gotten a near-perfect result VS what I'd had in my mind.

Honestly it feels real good to get this one done. This has been bouncing around in my head for like 5 months now.

Im kinda curious, for you other artists out there... is this something that happens for you sometimes? Where something you make ends up somehow being way more than just a drawing/painting to you.

agenderbeing

Kai (they/them)
Of course! Art in any creative medium can express and have meaning to the artist and other’s far beyond solely visuals. One thing I appreciate is the connection it brings via allowing people to connect to a piece despite their own subjective perception of it and experiene in life. A piece can be just as meaningful with a different message between people. I think that’s a beautiful capability of art. For me, I particularly love symbolism and getting to find how my pwn mindset shifts along with who I saw myself to be at that timw. Even the art of that period speaks to the difference of a year or two; the progress I’ve made not ONLY within my skills.

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
That looks awesome! Love the colors, too :)

Im kinda curious, for you other artists out there... is this something that happens for you sometimes? Where something you make ends up somehow being way more than just a drawing/painting to you.

Weirdly for me, not all that much! I usually like taking more hands-off approaches so that I'm more surprised by the result, because I actually don't have a strong ability to imagine things in my head prior to their conception. This also applies / extends to more auditory things as well, because the songs I make up on the fly are usually cheesy and silly, whereas I typically want to make things that will (at least attempt to) make other people feel something instead.

I still don't really understand symbolism or have any deep connection to art (maybe aside from music?), but even in the cases where I do it's more about the superficial parts that are less-likely to draw other people in. It could just be a good melody or a great use of colors (I love pink!), and that's usually good enough for me!

I kind of prefer being detached though, as it somehow has transcended to making art that people actually take seriously, so that's good enough for me, too.

Ken

V.I.P Member
I think it is just beautiful!

I love how the inner stained glass looking heart intimately connects with the outer heart! It is simple yet meaningful! The best kind of art. I believe that art is an expression of the soul; an expression in the simplest, purest form.

Bravo! Well done.

Thank you for sharing!

Always. I have a rather different kind of art, although, as with you, it is deeply personal. I have a webpage that describes my art. See The Art tab.

New Threads

Top Bottom