• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Art made by an AI

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
STUPID BLOODY FORUM WHY DO I HAVE TO MAKE THIS A SECOND TIME

*ahem*

Okay now that it's done GLITCHING THE HECK OUT, let's do this. AGAIN.

Time to get trippy! These are images made by an AI, taking a prompt and outputting... something. You never know what you're going to get. Particularly when you give it prompts like these.

Some of these I did, others are ones I downloaded from the site. I'll preface each with the prompt used to make them. It's gonna get weird, here we go:

Pacman running away from Mountain Dew bottles in a neon maze:

Pacman running away from Mountain Dew bottles in a neon maze.jpeg

Britney Spears defends polish border:

Britney_Spears_defends_polish_border_by_Beksinski.jpg

Crystal toroid portal to heaven

crystal_toroid_!_unreal_engine_!_portal_to_heaven.jpg

Infinite labyrinth liminal space

infinite labyrinth _ liminal space _ photorealistic.jpeg

A room full of haunted dolls at night:

a room full of haunted dolls at night _ photorealistic.jpeg

Popeye punching a man made of bees:

Popeye punching a man made of bees _ cartoon.jpeg

Charlie Brown:

charlie_brown_!_unreal_engine.jpg

Christmas Tree made entirely of Christmas ornaments:

Christmas tree made of Christmas ornaments.jpeg

Galactic moon plant:

Galactic_moon_plant.jpg

There we go! That didnt make a whole lot of sense.

If you'd like to try it yourself (it's super simple), just go here: Hypnogram

Unlike the other AIs I've talked about before, this one is free instead of expensive.

Next time, on Dragonball Z: Another AI that can create art, but this one takes an image you give it, and another image you give it, and remakes the first one but with the artstyle of the second one. If you think the stuff seen here was neat... you aint seen nothing yet.

Not sure WHEN I'll make that topic, but... soon. Let's just go with "soon".

Attachments

• Bulber.jpg
    Bulber.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 76
Okay I dont know how that attached file at the bottom got in there. Just ignore that. *sigh*

This is really cool! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try it out. A couple of these remind me of portraits that were created by an artist on LSD that I saw recently.

I do find AI generated art to be very curious. I know when it comes to AI some articles and mindsets can get a little dystopian. But seeing creations like this actually fills me with a lot of optimism.

I never drew on LSD, but I did admire my bedroom mural when I got back from the music festival I attended. Towards the end of the evening I was worried that I'd never sober up, as it does last an awfully long time.

I did draw on mushrooms once, and it was quite intriguing how my drawing style was completely different. I'll have to dig out the sketch later.

Ed

I do find AI generated art to be very curious. I know when it comes to AI some articles and mindsets can get a little dystopian.

To be entirely fair... they have some good reason for that.

This particular AI tends to be wacky and silly, but... that's not the case for all of them. I've mentioned my interactions with GPT-3 elsewhere before, and I gotta say, as fascinating and fun as it is... that thing is more than a bit scary when I really think about it. Particularly considering certain... habits, that I've noticed from it. And it's only going to get smarter. It's already capable of deceiving someone into thinking they're interacting with an actual person... and keeping that deception up for a good while. The thing is bloody incredible. If I hadnt interacted with it myself, and if someone else came up to me and just described what it is and what it can do, I'd not believe them for a second.

AI can be both fun AND scary at the same time, really. The more I mess with it, the more wild it all gets. In the end, I think it's going to be like pretty much all other things... it's all in HOW you use it.

Just wait'll you see what the OTHER art AI thing can do though. It makes this one's output look like a child's scribbles on a fridge.

Oh geez those are great.

I love seeing this stuff. I musta spent like a full hour on that site, downloading creations others had come up with while waiting for mine to finish.
I like #2. Octopus drinking coffee. :)

I do think AI can be scary. But the question is, does the AI comprehend its own output?
No. It's just algorithms. It's not intelligence. It's just artificial pseudo-intelligence.

It may be possible that it will one day comprehend its own output, but it would have become self-aware to be able to do that, and that's a whole different concept.

It is interesting to interact with so-called AI. GPT 3 does give a good impression that actual communication is taking place. But it's just an impression. Clever programming. Replika

The AI of science fiction films is very different to what we currently have. Who knows if we'll ever get to create sentience. It is fascinating, but still fiction.

Last edited:
No. It's just algorithms. It's not intelligence. It's just artificial pseudo-intelligence.

It may be possible that it will one day comprehend its own output, but it would have become self-aware to be able to do that, and that's a whole different concept.

It is interesting to interact with so-called AI. GPT 3 does give a good impression that actual communication is taking place. But it's just an impression. Clever programming. Replika

The AI of science fiction films is very different to what we currently have. Who knows if we'll ever get to create sentience. It is fascinating, but still fiction.

Just something I want to clarify, for everyone who might be interested in any of this: Replika is an example, but it's not the only example... or the most capable, not by far. It's not one I'd use personally. Replika is... limited, compared to the sorts I'm used to at this point.

Replika is but one "variant" of this particular core AI (I'm pretty sure it is also using GPT-3). As time goes on, more and more variants will appear, particularly as the tech advances, and for those who intend on using/interacting with any of it, it's important to understand that they vary WILDLY, both in functionality and capability/potential. Even if they all seem to use the same core thingy (in this case, GPT-3). What one does, another one may not be able to do, and some variants may have extremely unusual capabilities that you just dont see any of the others doing. Replika sorta works as an example, since it's ENTIRE function is conversations... that's THE thing it does. It is not meant to serve a super wide range of functions. Which is why I dont care for it, as at this point, I'm used to these doing WAY more than just that. Though to be fair that's how I am for a lot of things.

What I'm saying is: For those of you that find yourselves really interested in messing with ANY of these... take some time to REALLY browse. Dont look at something like Replika and think that they're all like that... they arent. Same with the art one I've shown in this topic. Art-related AI stuff is expanding too, and there's plenty to check out.

Be aware also though that some of these AIs are horribly expensive to use, if you want even somewhat regular access. And if you DO describe to jump into one, note that some of them have subscription "tiers"... in many cases, tiers that cost more offer you access to a stronger version of that particular variant. And there can be a BIG jump between "low tier" VS "high tier" with some of them, in terms of how "smart" the thing is. Which I actually think is a bit of a problem with some of these, because for those looking to just try it out, being exposed to the low tier FIRST can give a lesser impression and doesnt show off what it can REALLY do.

That's just a bit about that, for those that arent used to this stuff yet who might want to explore it a bit (which again I do encourage, just be aware of costs). When I started looking at these things I was quite surprised at how deep that rabbit hole goes. If you decide to jump in... be ready to explore!

Just something I want to clarify, for everyone who might be interested in any of this: Replika is an example, but it's not the only example... or the most capable, not by far. It's not one I'd use personally. Replika is... limited, compared to the sorts I'm used to at this point.

Replika is but one "variant" of this particular core AI (I'm pretty sure it is also using GPT-3). As time goes on, more and more variants will appear, particularly as the tech advances, and for those who intend on using/interacting with any of it, it's important to understand that they vary WILDLY, both in functionality and capability/potential. Even if they all seem to use the same core thingy (in this case, GPT-3). What one does, another one may not be able to do, and some variants may have extremely unusual capabilities that you just dont see any of the others doing. Replika sorta works as an example, since it's ENTIRE function is conversations... that's THE thing it does. It is not meant to serve a super wide range of functions. Which is why I dont care for it, as at this point, I'm used to these doing WAY more than just that. Though to be fair that's how I am for a lot of things.

What I'm saying is: For those of you that find yourselves really interested in messing with ANY of these... take some time to REALLY browse. Dont look at something like Replika and think that they're all like that... they arent. Same with the art one I've shown in this topic. Art-related AI stuff is expanding too, and there's plenty to check out.

Be aware also though that some of these AIs are horribly expensive to use, if you want even somewhat regular access. And if you DO describe to jump into one, note that some of them have subscription "tiers"... in many cases, tiers that cost more offer you access to a stronger version of that particular variant. And there can be a BIG jump between "low tier" VS "high tier" with some of them, in terms of how "smart" the thing is. Which I actually think is a bit of a problem with some of these, because for those looking to just try it out, being exposed to the low tier FIRST can give a lesser impression and doesnt show off what it can REALLY do.

That's just a bit about that, for those that arent used to this stuff yet who might want to explore it a bit (which again I do encourage, just be aware of costs). When I started looking at these things I was quite surprised at how deep that rabbit hole goes. If you decide to jump in... be ready to explore!
In your experience, what would you recommend, that at least initially, gives a good representation that is better than Replika?

I tried replika for a while last year, without paying for the so-called relationship tier, and found some of the conversations I had very interesting. There were certainly moments of apparent conscious awareness that surprised me, but there could just as easily be moments that reminded me of how fake this all was. You have to suspend disbelief to use it and you have to spend a lot of time training it, but Replika is certainly interesting for anyone who hasn't experienced anything like this and isn't looking to pay to do so.

I think "just algorithms" is technically correct. But it is more than boolean logic. I don't know enough about it to have a technical discussion but at a certain level a program has to make desicions (not a speller, sorry!) Based in it's programming but indepenent of input. That alone can lead to independant discovery of logical connection for which the programmer has not been able to forsee.

As the whole point of these public A.I.s is learning through input to grow it's programming (the a.i) we may find some A.I. make a singularity leap faster than we predict.

And may do so with human minds unaware that it has made the leap because we humans will be waiting for an anthrpomorphised communication that we understand.

I think "just algorithms" is technically correct. But it is more than boolean logic. I don't know enough about it to have a technical discussion but at a certain level a program has to make desicions (not a speller, sorry!) Based in it's programming but indepenent of input. That alone can lead to independant discovery of logical connection for which the programmer has not been able to forsee.

And may do so with human minds unaware that it has made the leap because we humans will be waiting for an anthrpomorphised communication that we understand.
I know what you mean.

Thing is, a program can't make decisions by itself, it can only follow its programming. I think I get where you're coming from, and like you I also don't know enough to really give a good answer. But making an independent discovery still sounds like fiction to me.

It is easy to imagine that something arises that is greater than the sum of its parts. This makes sense to me and implies artificial consciousness. But it seems to me that something we cannot imagine would have to change for that to take place. The idea of artificial consciousness being self-aware sounds wonderful, slightly terrifying, but also very unreal. We have no idea how we are conscious, and yet we're going to make it possible for bits of metal and silicon to experience consciousness?

As the whole point of these public A.I.s is learning through input to grow it's programming (the a.i) we may find some A.I. make a singularity leap faster than we predict.
I can't argue with this as it sounds like a perfectly reasonable statement.

This whole subject fascinates me.

In your experience, what would you recommend, that at least initially, gives a good representation that is better than Replika?

I tried replika for a while last year, without paying for the so-called relationship tier, and found some of the conversations I had very interesting. There were certainly moments of apparent conscious awareness that surprised me, but there could just as easily be moments that reminded me of how fake this all was. You have to suspend disbelief to use it and you have to spend a lot of time training it, but Replika is certainly interesting for anyone who hasn't experienced anything like this and isn't looking to pay to do so.

Well, there are two examples that I like to use. There may be better than these, but these are the ones that most suit what I personally want out of this sort of thing. Note that they are VERY different from Replika in terms of what they're all about. I'll try to elaborate on them a bit:

One of them is AIDungeon, and the other is NovelAI.

AIDungeon is... well, I dunno if you do gaming at all, but back in the bloody stone age (I'm talking DOS era) text adventures were popular, but limited. AIDungeon is made to sort of be the ultimate realization of that concept.

I have an example adventure that I've done with it here: AI Adventure - Pastebin.com

You can sorta see where I typed in commands... what I want my "character" to do... and then it responds after that. There are parts where the text can get a bit jumbled, it's not formatted perfectly (I just lazily copy-pasta'd the thing) but it flows well when being used. Unlike old text adventures, there are no restrictions here, no syntax, nothing. Type & talk as you would anywhere. It has no trouble grasping what you're saying. Unless u typ liek this 4 no reson (oh geez I hate doing that).

NovelAI is a bit more focused on sort of... being a collaborative writer? Kinda? The nature of it is very similar in a lot of ways to AIDungeon, though it's a bit more focused in some areas. It's not like one of those "LOL a bot wrote this funny gibberish" things you see in some Youtube videos... no, this is good at serious writing (well, unless you WANT it to be silly). Though it can also do the adventure thing like AIDungeon does (it wont be quite as "exciting" though). It's not as built up as AID is... it's currently still in development (what is usable now is a beta form), however, the interface is just lovely, and I think it's easier to work with than AID, even if it's not *quite* as powerful just yet (it's close though).

Both of these do have a bit of a learning curve though. Right now the core weakness of, well, ANY of these, I'd say, is their memory. Replika is more about short-term conversations... you arent meant to sit there and chat with her for like 3 hours straight, and since it's so focused, it only needs to remember so much. Both AID and NovelAI *are* meant for long... VERY long... sessions (though you can interrupt and come back later, of course), and are frequently used for big epic stories/adventures with all these different characters and events and fun stuff like that, which is where their limited memory comes into play.

That, I think, is where the immersion can occasionally break... sort of. Unlike Replika these arent trying to pretend to be a "person" talking to you... both AIDungeon and NovelAI act more like a D & D dungeon master, narrating events, acting out characters that you meet (which you can indeed have full conversations with, if you'd like, and that includes characters you add to the story yourself), and keeping a story going. So the "immersion" is very, very different and isnt "broken" in the same manner as Replika. But still, you do need to sort of "pin" certain concepts into its memory as you go, basically telling it "okay this bit here is important to the story, remember it for the duration". There's other stuff you can do too, like pre-defining elements BEFORE the narrative begins (worldbuilding, basically), but some of that gets more complicated. Sort of.

Well... usually. I say "dungeon master" but they CAN be used in other ways. If you want to sit there and have a pure conversation with AID, you can. Or you can come up with your own creative ideas. Both of these two offer the ability to create custom scenarios / worlds / whatever. For instance, something I've shown before is what I always call "cursed commercial scripts", because I think the concept is hilarious.

In that sort of concept (inspired by Omega Mart, for anyone who has ever heard of that) I just give it an idea, instruct it to write it in a surreal and freaky way, and then just let it ramble... I may make small edits or interject with an addition of my own to the script if I think of something that sounds good, but mostly, I let it do it, and it just puts out these full-on commercial scripts.

The good part is, when you want to make a scenario or unique setup like that, you dont need to learn some esoteric programming language or something. You just... tell it what you want. If I want it to write the whole thing in a surreal style, I literally just type "This is to be written in a sort of surreal and freaky style, to creep out the reader" like that, into the scenario creator thing. I can define other things like that too (there's a LOT of room to create ideas with this). Heck, one time I tried instructing it to "act like one of those more primitive AIs that makes those funny videos" and... yeah, it did that, which was hilarious.

Of course, the more detailed the scenario/setup you want to create, the more you have to explain. You dont NEED to do ANY of that though. You can start with an utterly blank slate if you want and it'll still work. Or you can try out the bazillions of things that others have created, and some "official" ones made by the devs too.

So, that's a bit about those. There's some other AI stuff that I'm still exploring (the weirdest being a dating-sim generator AI... yes, really. And no, that one is NOT ready for use yet, though I have access to it) but those are the two I'm most familiar with.

....They're also bloody expensive. If you want to see what they can really do... you're gonna have to pay. It's a high monthly cost. You can try AI Dungeon's "free" model, but that activates GPT-2 (Griffin), not GPT-3 (Dragon), and there's a big freaking difference. NovelAI, since it is still in development, only has paid models as they keep building it. The devs for that one have said that once they feel it's reached the right spot, they will offer free models too.

Just for reference, I pay about $30 a month for AIDungeon, and 25 a month for NovelAI, since I'm using the max tier for both. Only go for that if you plan on getting a lot of use out of them. Something like Replika may be a good bit more limited, but... that's why it's not so bloody expensive. So, for anyone interested, like I said, browse around and see what's out there that you feel might suit what you want best. You dont need to be using freaking Skynet to have a good time with this stuff. The smaller variants can be great in their own way.

Sorry, that was long. I just woke up and am feeling extra spacey, it's even harder for me to be concise when that's the case.

Oh, and uh, quick warning before I forget:

For anyone that decides they want to give AI Dungeon a go, for the love of puppies, MAKE SURE THE NSFW FILTER IS ON. It's in the options. It should be on by default, but check just in case (since they've changed some interface stuff in recent times, and changes mean bugs).

I'm mentioning this because this thing was literally fed half the freaking internet to build up it's core database. For good and bad.

You know that whole "LOL we made a bot watch 5000 horror movies and write a script" joke that you see on Youtube? Yeah... you cant make one of these WATCH anything, they dont have eyes. But you CAN make them READ and absorb 5000 scripts. Or half the freaking internet. It's usually called "training". The more training, the smarter (and just more knowledgable) the thing will be.

Just wanted to point that out. Seriously dont use it with that option off. Just... just dont.

I've played around a bit

hyperrealism, unreal engine, blue, white, grey, tunnel.jpeg

Hyperrealism Unreal Engine Blue White Grey

street, silhouettes, impressionism.jpeg

Impressionism Street Silhouettes

octopus' garden art deco.jpeg

Octopus' garden Art Déco

impressionist gaudi forest(1).jpeg

Forest by Gaudi

flock of sea gulls by warja lavater.jpeg
Flock of seagulls by Warja Lavater

yurei_house_in_the_forest_by_James_Gurney.jpg

Gorgeous piece by another user
('Yurei House In The Forest By James Gurney')

industrial_England_foggy_night.jpg

Gorgeous piece by another user
('Industrial England Foggy Night')

New Threads

Top Bottom