• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are tropical and nautical themes the thing for men's spring/summer clothes?

Pink Jazz

Over the past few years, I have been seeing a lot of tropical and nautical themes in men's spring/summer clothing collections. Does anyone think this is currently the thing for men's spring/summer clothes? I do have a pink pelican print shirt (as seen in my avatar), however, it seems like I have been seeing a lot of it over the past few years.

I haven't noticed any tropical designs around here (Germany), but as for nautical designs: If I imagine correctly what you mean - shirts and sweaters featuring nautical companies, symbols, nautical races etc. - then this nautical theme is an all time classic, just as college related stuff. If I were you I wouldn't put on tropical stuff - It's not very stylish. Anyway, do you have some examples for the type of clothing you mean?

I don't know, but I'm all for men wearing bright colors. Maybe not tropical themed shirts... Reminds me of retirees in Florida. Not saying they're terrible, just weird that that's what pops up in my brain when I see it. But I'm sure there are tasteful designs, not like those big cheesy palm trees lol

Ah, for example your pink pelican shirt. That's a nice one. :)

I personally don't like the "preppy" look. But I think that in general, men should try to wear more bright colors.

I think that has been around as long as I can remember as a general theme for spring/summer sales.

Work-shorts.jpg

I know that here - in France in Germany - it's very in fashion to roll up your (rather baggy) pants, so the ankle shows and wear that with some 90s style trainer

I don't know, but I'm all for men wearing bright colors. Maybe not tropical themed shirts... Reminds me of retirees in Florida. Not saying they're terrible, just weird that that's what pops up in my brain when I see it. But I'm sure there are tasteful designs, not like those big cheesy palm trees lol

Ah, for example your pink pelican shirt. That's a nice one. :)
I like the pink pelican shirt, too.
I live in Florida and the bright tropical look is everywhere. Not just the retirees.
Nautical is pretty much everywhere here. Men and women.
The IZOD shorts look very much like what a clothing chain here called Bealls have.
Almost everything in their stores are tropical and nautical in theme.
IZOD is very popular here.

You see everything in Florida. Really.

I didn't actually think there are retirees in loud colorful tropical shirts overpopulating Florida :D That's just the stereotypical image that automatically pops into my head.

I still hate those loud prints with the large palm trees. But it's nice to see there are not-so-loud, tasteful tropical prints. Those are pretty nice. Also nice to see that men are getting more comfortable wearing bright colors! More of that needs to happen.

BTW, I recently purchased a blue short-sleeve button-down shirt with pink flamingos. I don't have a lot of short-sleeve button-downs, so I decided to buy it.

Another new trend that I am seeing this year are chino shorts with shorter inseams (around 7" to 9.5") and stretch fabric. I bought them in three colors (pink, light blue, and turquoise).

New Threads

Top Bottom