• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are these scars inside my mouth?

Aspie_rin

(WARNING CONTENTS MAY GROSS SOME PEOPLE OUT)
I have an habit of biting the inside of my mouth, mostly when I'm nervous, and sometimes to the point of bleeding and having bits of flesh detaching, and that since I was a child. Now that I type that it's pretty obvious, but I was wondering if the lines (that I can also sense with my tongue) inside my mouth where I tend to bite where scars (they where there since as long as I can remember), so does anyone else have these too? And if these are scars why don't the dentists ever say anything about them (maybe it's just because they're too focused on teeth to notice?)?

I think It's sort of like a form of stimming? Though stimming isn't quite the right word. It's like a tic you do when you are nervous, right? I do something similar if it makes you feel better, i tap different areas of my top and bottom teeth together like they bongos or something . Though thankfully it hasn't been to damaging for my teeth. A. Little bit though.

I also have the lines from biting the inside of my cheek, right long where my teeth meet. Not to the point of bleeding though. I used to have braces and those did so much damage to the inside of my mouth, they wouldn't cut the metal part at the end right so it was sharp and stabbed me. :confused: All for nothing too.

I chew the inside of my cheeks too, although not to the point of bleeding. I go get bits come off though :confused: My dentist has never pointed out any issues with the inside of my cheeks, but he did say on Tuesday that my back teeth are somewhat worn. He asked if I grind my teeth, which I don't, so I'd guess it's from the chewing.

New Threads

Top Bottom