• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

are there any free domain name sites available anymore?

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
hi guys,i am just wondering if any of you know of any sites where you can get a free domain name without any catches,you know like .tk but just not .tk.
i am really pissed off,i have no access to a debit card to order a proper domain name because all of my life is managed by a legal type person and my dad wont do it on his card as one of my staff told him in her opinion she wont give him money i owe him,i am going to kick off at her when i get home [at dads now] because its my money and she cant control it,if i wanted to still live in an institution where everythings institutionalised,i would but as i dont, well i want to be bloody well listened to,i am so pissed off and upset.

sorry i ramble on,i would be so greatful if any of you know of any free domain names, i want to use it for my wordpress site thankyou.

You can get a free domain from Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP . To use their free service, they send an email once a month confirming if your still using the domain by asking you to solve an captcha.

I been using their service to allow me to remote on my home computer as well hosting websites out of my home. You can get a free domain from NO IP and have the address pointed to any web host provider. You just need the web host provider IP address would is normally the same IP used for their DNS servers.

I used to make websites on Freewebs, now known as Webs but to my knowledge is still free. (Not sure if it's domain though... actually not sure what domain means. :p But it's a free website tool.)

I used to make websites on Freewebs, now known as Webs but to my knowledge is still free. (Not sure if it's domain though... actually not sure what domain means. :p But it's a free website tool.)
The etymology of domain is old.French-estate from dominion -house
would have been a titled estate ie comte or duc,dauphin

hi guys,i am just wondering if any of you know of any sites where you can get a free domain name without any catches,you know like .tk but just not .tk.
i am really pissed off,i have no access to a debit card to order a proper domain name because all of my life is managed by a legal type person and my dad wont do it on his card as one of my staff told him in her opinion she wont give him money i owe him,i am going to kick off at her when i get home [at dads now] because its my money and she cant control it,if i wanted to still live in an institution where everythings institutionalised,i would but as i dont, well i want to be bloody well listened to,i am so pissed off and upset.

sorry i ramble on,i would be so greatful if any of you know of any free domain names, i want to use it for my wordpress site thankyou.
Do you have access to a phone if so contact the citizens advice bureau or welfare rights in n.w.England they can sort out your access to finances they're taking advantage of your physical weakness

Can you try one of those prepaid cards that stores sell that act as credit cards? I've often wondered about getting one myself as I have to hide certain things from my mom as she has access to my bank account.

They are alright but then you have to top up online ,can't remember if you could go any where else to top up

Hello Umbrella beach how did you get the smiley face on your answer
i cant work it out -i use an android phone

How about a free WordPress site?

Once you get blogging you can put a normal domain on it, or you may be able to redirect it to a normal domain and self host, not sure if WP allow redirects.

The best, and cheapest is namecheap.com, and they have $1 domains. You'll still need hosting though.

I doubt you'll find a good source of free domains, as they would be jumped on and abused if they existed, for SEO purposes. Free hosting is the same.

I'd start with a free blog and go from there, much easier, free and you can scale up when you need to.

You can get a free domain from Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP . To use their free service, they send an email once a month confirming if your still using the domain by asking you to solve an captcha.

I been using their service to allow me to remote on my home computer as well hosting websites out of my home. You can get a free domain from NO IP and have the address pointed to any web host provider. You just need the web host provider IP address would is normally the same IP used for their DNS servers.
thankyou penguin!
@The Penguin is there any chance you could tell me how to apply my noip address with my wordpress blog? i registered an account and a noip domain name but i havent a clue what to do.
i am so greatful thankyou,ive just asked my support staff and she doesnt know either.
i have googled and im not getting the information i need.

I doubt you'll find a good source of free domains, as they would be jumped on and abused if they existed
Depends on the provider. I find NoIP.com works very well. I have a free domain I use for my personal use, and free domain I'm using for my employer so our clients can connect to our FTP, web server, allow me to RDP and various other things. The only thing NO IP requires for the free account is to solve an captcha once a month.

thankyou penguin!
@The Penguin is there any chance you could tell me how to apply my noip address with my wordpress blog? i registered an account and a noip domain name but i havent a clue what to do.
i am so greatful thankyou,ive just asked my support staff and she doesnt know either.
i have googled and im not getting the information i need.
I can help you on Saturday or Sunday. PM me.

How about a free WordPress site?

Once you get blogging you can put a normal domain on it, or you may be able to redirect it to a normal domain and self host, not sure if WP allow redirects.

The best, and cheapest is namecheap.com, and they have $1 domains. You'll still need hosting though.

I doubt you'll find a good source of free domains, as they would be jumped on and abused if they existed, for SEO purposes. Free hosting is the same.

I'd start with a free blog and go from there, much easier, free and you can scale up when you need to.
thankyou full steam,i shall be checking them out when i can get hold of a card [if i can] as 1&1 pretend theyre giving away free domains but you have to pay a lot on top for something or other and then godaddy is similar to.

i already have a wordpress blog [ AutieEmlyns Aut-tastic blog ] i am not a fan of having to many words on the domain/sub domain itself, so im searching for a free domain service,all that ive found are crappy small webhosts who are giving away 'free' domain names if you buy their crappy web space.
though im so surprised .tk is still going,its just really slow so i wont use it.

Can you try one of those prepaid cards that stores sell that act as credit cards? I've often wondered about getting one myself as I have to hide certain things from my mom as she has access to my bank account.
thankyou questella! i keep forgetting about these.
can you just buy one from a shop? if so,i will get one from monday onwards, ive spent most of my weeks money this week on art supplies,thats partly why my dad doesnt like me. :p

Below is a sample what the monthly confirmation email looks like when NO IP wants to to renew a free domain

sample one.png

After you click on the link, it takes you to a page as shown below. I always press the button "No thanks, just renew my free host name"

sample two.JPG

After that, it ask you to solve an captcha. What I like about it, it also allows you to confirm domain with a mobile phone so you don't need to be near a computer to do this.

There is a question I forgot to ask. If your using the service from WordPress.com, if you want to use your own custom domain, you will need to use the $3.99 monthly plan to have this support. WordPress required their service to be prepaid yearly.

With the WordPress free account, your domain would end with wordpress.com. So if you wanted a domain called mywebsite with their free account, it would be mywebsite.wordpress.com.

There are also web host providers that will host WordPress for you. Normally their is a fee. Some might be free with or without ads though I never used a free web host provider. There many web hosting providers have around the same monthly fee as WordPress. The advantage of a web host provider you would also get email with your custom domain. However, you might be responsible maintaining software updates for WordPress. If you went directly with WordPress.com, they will take care of the updates for you.

Depends on the provider. I find NoIP.com works very well. I have a free domain I use for my per hisonal use, and free domain I'm using for my employer so our clients can connect to our FTP, web server, allow me to RDP and various other things. The only thing NO IP requires for the free account is to solve an captcha once a month.

Interesting.

I'll take a look at that some time.

I just use subdomains of a domain I already own if I don't want to pay, but that could be useful for annonimintity.

The ddns service is still a subdomain of course ( I'm sure you know that).

New Threads

Top Bottom