• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are people here all autistic?

You're very welcome here. We have lots of people come here to learn more about their loved ones.

There’s all kinds of people here. As long as you’re willing to learn and be respectful, you’re welcome :)

Great, thank you for the welcome. My grandson is autistic, but mildly so. Sometimes it is hard to remember he has the condition. He is seven, and extremely hard to have a meaningful back and forth.
I will have a lot of questions in regards to the proper way to interact with an autistic child.

You're welcome here to learn... and to teach. We're trying to learn about ourselves, and about you too, and what makes us different. We're all in this together, sort of, I hope!

A good amount of us on here are on the autism spectrum, but many people on here have loved ones with autism (like you do) or just know someone on the spectrum and are trying to learn more about the spectrum and how to help the particular person they know, ask questions etc.

You're definitely welcome :) Basically everyone is welcome and included, which is one of the great things about these forums. Ask questions and teach and learn away!

Great, thank you for the welcome. My grandson is autistic, but mildly so. Sometimes it is hard to remember he has the condition. He is seven, and extremely hard to have a meaningful back and forth.
I will have a lot of questions in regards to the proper way to interact with an autistic child.

Welcome aboard! Always happy to see family members of aspies come here to learn. Anyways, I came across this video about the challenges of mild autism, which many may see the upside of having ASD mildly, there are some disadvantages, which is discused here:

New Threads

Top Bottom