• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are gas prices exploding where you live?

Aneka

Soon, I will need to go to work by car and the development of gas prices scares me. I won't earn much and there are no alternative means of transportation where I live. Forget car-sharing, no one else has to drive to this village for work.

Today:
1.83€ per liter

(8.17$ per gallone
2.12$ per liter)*

I'd like to know how gas prices are where you live. Maybe I'm complaining at a high comfort level :D

*hope I got that right, not good with maths

Last edited:
yes, started rising rapidly about 10 months ago, prices vary but around $1.60 AUD per litre would be average. Think it's was a little over $1.00 10 months ago.

Doesn't sound like the job is worth the petrol money, do you need the experience?

In the UK ,vehicle owners! couldn't actually buy any at! all!, for a period of time ,but it's more expensive for! anything !compared to turtle Island (USA to non indigenous people)

In the UK there was a few places with distribution issues because of tanker driver shortages. The UK media portrayed this as a national shortage and people's self preservation mode took over. Within 24 hours it was pandemonium. But of course, the media doesn't get held accountable for the daily scare mongering it causes.

Fuel prices in UK at the moment are around £1.40. During that brief fuel shortage in UK places like London had jacked up the prices to £3+ per litre.

Doesn't really portray human behaviour in a positive light. I went the afternoon this began and the queues were so bad I had to go to 4 petrol stations before I found one. Even then it was 10+ minute queue and people at the forecourts were getting abusive.

No doubt the conspiracy theorists took it as a sign of something more sinister. Heck, even electric car sales went up in UK for a while after this "fuel crisis".

Reminds me of a line in the movie Snatch - "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Ed

yes, started rising rapidly about 10 months ago, prices vary but around $1.60 AUD per litre would be average. Think it's was a little over $1.00 10 months ago.

Doesn't sound like the job is worth the petrol money, do you need the experience?

Yep, I do need the experience. But it will be only temporary (about 6 months)

Yep, I do need the experience. But it will be only temporary (about 6 months)

Is it possible to ask for a petrol allowance due to rising prices? Let the employer know you have some concerns over fuel costs sort of thing, they can only say no.

With the climate change hoax they have to prove fossil fuels are bad to push thier we have to go electric to save our god mother earth agenda.

Gas prices in N Michigan are above $3/gallon. Living in a rural area, virtually everything requires driving, so I minimize trips. As I age I'm eyeing more walkable communities.

I wish more people would use electric cars, I hate car noise. There's not a big take up of them here yet cos of the long distances.

We just spent the last 3 months in the U.S.
Our cheapest gas was $2.67 per gallon in Kansas. Our most expensive was $3.89 in Colorado.
In Mexico the local price is $23 pesos per liter. Thats $87 pesos per gallon.

U.S.D to Euro $1.16
Peso to U.S.D. $20.40
Peso to Euro $23.47

So this development is definetly global. In Germany, we haven't been in lockdown for months.

The lowest cash price for regular grade gas is presently $ 3.93 a gallon. Down somewhat from $4 and change, though we have many added taxes for gasoline compared to most US states. And the fuel mixture formula changed given the fall season, lowering the price just a little.

Though one alleged fire, hurricane or maintenance shutdown at a refinery can bring it all up again. Oil companies are notorious for that.

But I was in California on Friday and couldn't believe some of the gas prices...$5.19 a gallon. Outrageous.

Last edited:
I paid $3.45 per gallon yesterday, and am staying home as much as possible.

Same here. Can't afford so easily to go to Walmart and pay less for groceries when Safeway is much closer.

Weird to see fuel costs match such disparities in grocery costs. Normally I seldom shop at Safeway for that reason, but now it's all messed up! Especially with the cost of groceries rising so quickly as well. :eek:

Yes, they are rising. A combination of factors. OPEC sets the prices by manipulating the supply. Right now, they are having issues with meeting demands with regards to transportation,...shipping dock workers and truck drivers are in short supply. Further complicating things is that we are at a point in this transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy, and several major banks are no longer investing in oil futures. This is going to be a bit of a "bumpy road" because the prices for petrol/gasoline are going to rise significantly whilst the transportation sector is struggling to create an effective charging network for the electrical vehicles (EVs) that will replace the internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles, and the cost of EVs is still relatively high for the working class. Granted, this transition will occur very quickly, and the scales of economy will allow for a quick drop in EV prices,...I wouldn't worry about that right now. I wouldn't worry about the electrical grid, either,...we have been adding capacity at an astounding rate,...and all those oil pump jacks and oil refineries suck up a ton of electrical power,...once those start slowing/shutting down,...more electricity for the grid. What this creates is a transient increase in the cost of a barrel of oil,...good for short-term investors looking to make a quick buck over the next few years, but the amount of oil for burning will quickly drop over this decade. Oil will still be around,...it is still the main building block for all things plastic. People will still have old ICE cars for a while, but the cost of fueling them may become cost prohibitive once the price point for EVs drops below that on an ICE vehicle and the cost of operating an EV is significantly less than an ICE vehicle. Autonomous driving software is also rapidly developing, which means ride-share companies will really take off and expand to the point where you just call for a car,...and you don't have to own one. A lot of things are going to change in our lives before 2030,...sort of like how personal computers and cell phones did in the 1990's and early 2000's. search (cnbc.com)

Last edited:
A bus pass might be a smart investment if you live in an area with mass transit.

Because I am disabled, I'm able to ride the bus unlimited times for a month with a $28 pass in my city. Many transit authorities have something like an "honored citizen" pass. Autism or other mental issues can count towards that disability. In my city, if you show a food stamp or Medicaid card, you can get an honored citizen pass as well.

(Although it's also a stinky investment sometimes), I can go anywhere I want in three counties and not worry about gas prices.

Cars are awesome though.

Around $3.20 per gallon USD where I'm at. But since I work from home I barely drive at all. I too wish for a day when there are no more fossil fueled vehicles from a pollution standpoint alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom