• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Applied to Wendy's Today

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I applied to Wendy's today because I was eating there with my Mom, Sister, my cousin, Kyra, and my [amazing] Uncle Sean (we were eating there before my cousin and uncle had to go back to Michigan) and noticed they're hiring. Noticing a job opportunity, I went up to the counter and asked for an application and a pen to fill it out with. Oddly enough, the application only asked for my name, my street address, city, state, phone number (I don't have a phone, so I just wrote down my Mom's), zip code, the date, what times I am available, and if I want a "management" or a "crew" position. I chose a crew position. I'm probably gonna try to be a cashier. However, since I do have an interest in cooking, I think I would enjoy being in the kitchen making the food.

I hope everything goes well and that I can get the job. I want a job so I eventually get my own roof, if you know what I mean.

A tad off topic, but it is kinda funny to mention that my Mom worked at a Wendy's when she was around my age.

Smart decision! Fast food is a good place to learn some skills - customer service, communication, problem solving, working as a team, etc. My first job was washing dishes in a hospital. It taught me about schedules, special diets, anticipating volumes of dirty dishes coming, and how to be an excellent dishwasher. I also had to wash the cooks' pots and pans, as well as assist with plating dinners and preparing trays for specific patients. I learned a lot. Today, I am an excellent dishwasher. I always help clean up after dinner parties. It's a simple skill, but I am proud that I do it well, and I only do it well because it was my job. Good luck with your interview. It's interesting how time and place can lead to opportunity.

Good luck. Learn register but be kitchen crew if they'll let you. It's a rough environment, but if you can hang in there and get good, you will always be able to find work wherever you go.

Hey, that's great, Joshua!! I hope it works out, and I agree that they will be lucky to have you.

New Threads

Top Bottom