• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Applied to Lloyd's shoes in Burton's at Meadowhall today!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Took in a CV/cover letter for a 4 hours a week contract job selling shoes.

OK yeah I know nothing about shoes except I wear size 9s, but if I get the job I can learn that kind of stuff.

If you do some learning before the interview it will increase the chances of you being hired.

Someone who knows at least a bit about shoes will likely be seen as a way better fit than someone who knows nothing; Not only because it reduces the amount of training they have to give you, but also because it suggests you actually like shoes/have a personal interest in the product they are selling. (It will probably be assumed you'll be more enthusiastic and convincing as a sales person if you have a personal interest in the product.)

I would suggest learning a bit about shoe sizing and basics about different types of shoes -- e.g. familiarize yourself with the names of common shoe types/styles, learn what it is about running shoes that makes them best for running compared to other shoes.

In any case, good luck!

What @the_tortoise said. It’ll work to your advantage if you can show them you know more about shoes than just the basic “they go on feet and come in different sizes and colours”.

New Threads

Top Bottom