• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Apple 1 computer at auction

I get a little frustrated when I see such things for sale.

Unless of course, they donate them to the Smithsonian Institution where they belong.

I get a little frustrated when I see such things for sale.

Unless of course, they donate them to the Smithsonian Institution where they belong.
Its a charity action,I look to see it bring $300,000 or more.

I hope to watch the last ten minutes of the auction when the fun really begins :p

I hope to watch the last ten minutes of the auction when the fun really begins :p

I've got Barrett-Jackson on the tv at the moment. Loved seeing a 2006 Ford GT in Gulf Racing colors. 2400 original miles....lost track of the bidding at $475,000. :cool:

I've got Barrett-Jackson on the tv at the moment. Loved seeing a 2006 Ford GT in Gulf Racing colors. 2400 original miles....lost track of the bidding at $475,000. :cool:
I hate the buyers who gather the important cars and then hide them from the public in that rich man's game

I hate the buyers who gather the important cars and then hide them from the public in that rich man's game

Old story, that you have to pay to play. A dynamic that spills out across a broad spectrum economically speaking.

But on occasion they do actually have some nice cars that the average person might be able to buy. I'm looking forward to attending the next one right here in town this August.

I guess I have always personally built the cars that mattered to me,so buying one is never an option :p

I guess I have always personally built the cars that mattered to me,so buying one is never an option :p

Absolutely! I could see how one couldn't really put a price on something they'd spent so much time on or built from the ground up. It's gotta be tough at times for guys like Danny Koker to let them go...but then it's a business for him. Still....

I would let a car go when it was used up and time for an upgrade :D

I still cry about letting my 1968 Formula S Barracuda slip away...I doubled up my money of a car that went on to be worth a small fortune because I didn't have room or time for it :(

Apple 1.JPG

I'd rather have a working German "Enigma" machine I saw the other day on "Pawn Stars". That was cool. And cheaper! :confused:

Those bids on that Apple computer...yikes! :eek:

Last edited:
I agree,but it did fetch a lot more money than the original price of $666.66 :p

Hey...saw a nice 1960 Karmann Ghia go for $8000 on Barrett-Jackson a while ago. It happens!

Hey...saw a nice 1960 Karmann Ghia go for $8000 on Barrett-Jackson a while ago. It happens!
BJs auctions killed our collector car market here in the rust belt. Our brand of idiot thinks because he saw a one of a kind car fetch megabucks on their auction that his rust beatup worn out pos should be worth at least half of that. We have one idjiot that has been advertizing a worn out '66 Mustang 289 3 speed coupe that is all body filler over rust with a furnace tin trunk floor for $25,000
It takes all kinds :p

BJs auctions killed our collector car market here in the rust belt. Our brand of idiot thinks because he saw a one of a kind car fetch megabucks on their auction that his rust beatup worn out pos should be worth at least half of that. We have one idjiot that has been advertizing a worn out '66 Mustang 289 3 speed coupe that is all body filler over rust with a furnace tin trunk floor for $25,000
It takes all kinds :p

Well, I suppose you could say that about any form of mass-media. Just like when people go into pawn shops and cite what people on E-Bay are asking for something. Of course the asking price is irrelevant to what the sale price actually is.

But hey....caveat emptor. People buying should know better when they look at these cars. If they're all bondo they better look to be sure! The Karmann did look pretty good though. But on tv I can't exactly check it all out either.. ;)

At least they do have some cars that us plain folks might afford...

Last edited:
I made a lot of money slapping together '67-'69 Camaros and Firebirds over the years.
One was hauled out of a creek bed and required rebuilding the rusted out front leaf spring perch for the rear axle.
I perfected using heavy duty Reynolds aluminum foil to repair a laced out trunk floor by buttering it with a thin coat of bondo so the floor ribs remained intact. A few minutes of light sanding,some factory matched speckle paint and they look fresh as a daisy. One of the main tricks I used was all new chrome on the cars and a perfect detailing job.
There are quite a few New Yorkers who watched my work explode in under one year :p

Buyer beware fer sure :D

I made a lot of money slapping together '67-'69 Camaros and Firebirds over the years.

Great memories of a high school acquaintance I knew who had a 67 Firebird. As I recall it had a block bored out to create 500 HP. Pimp furred interior....wide tires....he could burn rubber in either direction with precision. Fun car.

But then the oil embargo came....not so fun anymore. At least not paying for gas. And having to remain in long lines just to buy it....ugh. Odd or even plates. And today the Saudis are playing lowball....go figure. :confused: But I digress!

Our Marcellus Shale oil is what drove the demand down. we finally killed their market :D

I am machining an adapter for an AR15 silencer to .22 barrel today.

New Threads

Top Bottom