• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Appeal to Social Security Appeals Council

Andrew206

I appealed my Social Security denial to the Appeals Council and they recently sent me a 25-day letter, which gives me 25 days to send additional information and arguments to them. I hope something good comes out of this.

No SS lawyer to plead your case equals no chance of winning. No differently than personally haggling with the IRS. They'll just shut you down without an attorney.

Tragic, but it's that simple.

The only time I’ve ever seen a SSD go through without a lawyer was with an emergency order from a doctor. If you are up and walking around, or are even able to sit up then they will try to prove you can work. I’ve never seen anything like it, that woman that was asking me questions in front of the judge was right out mean. It took me two years even with a lawyer. They did give me a back pay which helped with credit cards I had been living on, could pay them off.

What i'm saying is that being denied a couple times can be a good thing. You end up with tens of thousands of dollars.

Many who apply for SS prematurely have a dire and legitimate need for it now. - Not later.

Later they could be homeless or dead. The process should not inherently work like this, but it does. :oops:

When I applied for Soc Sec Disability, I had an incredibly well put together application, with about 11 diagnoses which together demonstrated how disabled I was; also, I gave full and complete information for every doctor and clinic in the prior ten years. No stone was left unturned. And I got it on the first try, no lawyers involved.

New Threads

Top Bottom