• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone react strongly to a word?

Kit

I do. I don't take it well. I had a fight with my mother last night on the phone. It wasn't really a fight, we were talking and then she started to backstab me and said what I was saying was ******** and I know it. It really hurt my feelings. When people say I am bullshitting, I don't talk to them ever again nor trust them with my issues since they think I am bullshitting. So I said sarcastically to my mother I'm a liar and good bye and hung up. I haven't spoken to her since and have ignored her phone calls and my dad's and my husband's.

I think I won't express my fears or my issues with my mother again and my feelings.

I hate people accusing me of bullshitting when I'm not but I've learned not to react so strongly. When I was younger and somebody told me I was bullshitting my response would be to tell them to eff off and/or call them horrible names. But now, if it happens, I just say,
"Whatever, that's your opinion", and walk away, because I have nothing to gain from getting into an argument over it.

I wouldn't advise you to shut your mother out though Kit. She might feel bad that she's hurt your feelings, so you might want to take her calls and try to talk things through amicably? She might be more understanding and willing to listen to you if she's calmed down.

Yargh!
Swears in general euuugh me out!

I've tried to learn to swear as I'm employed by the Army and thought it would be an issue of fitting in, but even sweaters know it's just wrong coming out of my mouth!

But your mom swearing? That would shake me up too.

But I thought CJ had a good point to not shut her out.

Yargh!
Swears in general euuugh me out!

I've tried to learn to swear as I'm employed by the Army and thought it would be an issue of fitting in, but even sweaters know it's just wrong coming out of my mouth!

But your mom swearing? That would shake me up too.

But I thought CJ had a good point to not shut her out.

you never met my mother. when she was alive, and a lot younger, her language was enough to make drunken Russian sailors blush.

I actually never swore till I was about 24, and even then I felt guilty about it, because my grandmother told me it was rude. Strange that my mother swore so much. I guess every child rebels against their upbringing.

i just pity them who make comments like that . they have to resort to that language because they dont no what else to say

The word ******** is often a substitute for having an actual argument against what someone said.

Holy dancing codfish...I'd never swear, really...never...those people are effed up in da head...ok I used to hate the word ********. But then some people's choice of words rattled me brain...with their incessant chatter...the way they avoid real life direct communication hiding behind their ...uhm what was I saying?

I throw out the word "********" fairly liberally myself. It doesn't really bother me. However, words such as "****" do bother me so I avoid those.

the c word bothers me too, so I basically never use it, other then that I'm I'm not really bothered by swear words too much. I don't use them too much but they don't really bother me. Though people who use them a lot do bother me sometimes, I think I heard somewhere it's a sign of trying to be more mature then you actually are.

It does hurt when I'm trying to be open and people don't believe or accept what I'm trying to tell them, but it doesn't matter if they swear at me or not, because it's so hard for me to talk about that stuff.

The word ******** is often a substitute for having an actual argument against what someone said.

True - and when it's used like that, that's when i react badly to it. Not because it's a 'bad word', but because of the way it's being used.

Swearing doesn't really bother me though. I don't often swear unless there's some kind of context for it, because most of the time i just don't need use those words.

People who do swear a lot, such as people who 'effing add random effing swear words into the effing conversation for no effing good reason', do get on my nerves very quickly. i find them hard to follow, because their incessant swearing diverts my attention away from the point and purpose of what they are saying.

Words that bother me are so far and imbetween. Everything from damn, to racist words really don't offend me to much. I throw more f-bombs and shits around then Jack Black.
And that's alot of f#!$s and shits.

Like, I can't think of a word that offends me...albiet, I never do say the c-word, or use vagina euphamisms often. Or dick euphamisms. Wow that amount of bad words in this post is off the charts, I better stop.

I don't swear because people just laugh at me when I do. My voice just isn't suited for it. I have to say, I'd rather someone said said bull.... to me than to say "oh.....really?" In that tone of voice that let's you know they don't believe you but are too polite to say so.

New Threads

Top Bottom