• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone pay attention to the NBA?

Jumpback

The two young European stars for Dallas look to have gotten better since the NBA restarted, with Luka actually having a better game than expected MVP, Gianis, on Saturday, so I thought maybe they might be a threat to knock of some teams, but Damian Lillard went nuts tonight with 61 against Dallas carrying the Blazers to a victory outplaying young Dallas duo who had just outplayed the best team in the league by just a little bit.

I’m so impressed with Dame, with his team facing elimination from the playoffs, scores 50 points one night, then 60 points the next game because if he doesn’t the trailblazers will be out of the playoffs. Lillard is a great player, but not among the top 5 until the pressure is on and then he can be unstoppable. I hope the Blazers make the playoffs because I want to see the LeBron/Damian Lillard matchup.

I still think that either the Mavericks or the Denver Nuggets have a chance to surprise somebody since they are so young and are getting better fast. For the Nuggets, Jokic is a magician and Michael Porter Jr and possibly Bol Bol suddenly appear to be very effective as rookies, and they have a great record even with joker starting the season out of shape and Jamal Murray issues and without Porter and Bol contributing.

It will probably be one of the two LA teams versus the Bucks in the finals, but it’s a bit more open than it has been in recent years

I realize to the casual observer the nba looks pretty chaotic, but there is actually a lot of sophisticated strategy. For example, the Milwaukee Bucks team is built around giannis antetokounmpo being an unstoppable freak of nature who is very mobile and nobody can realistically consistently keep from getting to the rim. So the strategy is kinda/sorta to go fast before a defense can get set and surround him with a lot of perimeter players who can shoot the 3 or possibly slash or bully their way to the basket if the defense actually manages to stop him.

The Dallas Mavericks offense is built around a 21 year old who will probably finish 4th in the MVP voting. Sometimes they use some of the same techniques as the Bucks by having a lot of perimeter players and let him try to get a layup, but although he isn’t a physical freak like Giannis, he is a better passer, so if he runs at the rim and gets in trouble with help defense, he will pass to the open man. But they also use different strategies, such as maybe a lot of pick and rolls. Because their two stars are young and still getting better, they are dangerous because everyone knows they have the ability to be a championship level team, but it’s just about when

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom