• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone one else a major fan of Apples Products? LIKE Major!! Talk about the computer chips

Eh. There was a time I liked them, but... they've been getting kinda nasty in recent times.

Loved my iPad for the longest time. But in recent times, the thing seems to have.... devolved. It went from "wow this is great" to "worst device I own, wouldnt care if it broke". And the ONLY things that changed about it? Apple's own updates. I hadnt installed any new apps or anything in the time period at which it was degrading, so the only conceivable possibility for what wrecked it was indeed Apple's updates. I seem to recall them actually being caught slowing down devices like that. The whole "App-pocalypse" didnt help. Once the thing hit the update just before that one, I stopped allowing it to update further.

No way in heck I'd buy another iPad or whatever, after that. If I get another tablet, which I'd like to, it'll be Android.

I do have an iPhone though. I dont use phones much but the thing is pretty much required by my father as a sort of safety device. The fact that it is also a constantly present flashlight and a magical talking map helps alot. Only other thing it gets used for is browsing Imgur.

As for Macs... ehhhh. My father has one, it's pretty neat. But as a gamer myself, a mac would be useless to me.

And that's my thoughts on Apple.

Personally I don't really like Apple. I owned an iPod Touch and an iPad in the past, and didn't really mind them back then, but the main thing that put me off Apple was because I hated iTunes. It's such a buggy, slow and messy program, and constantly it would not sync certain things for no reason. It was way too much hassle. When I discovered Android just let you drag and drop files to your phone without needing something like iTunes I pretty much gave up on Apple devices completely. And I never stopped using Android phones since.

As for Macs and Mac OS, it's okay. I used Macs in highschool a lot and I didn't really have much issue with them, but it's not really my cup of tea, since you can't really customize it or play games on it.

That's my two cents on Apple, lol.

Yeah, I have been an Apple fan for years, especially in the Steve Jobs era. I still keep up and check the geekbench and what nano chip is being used etc but I have a Samsung phone just now. The reason for that is that in my view the 10 and 10s were bad phones, over priced and few features in comparison with Samsung so I switched. I am considering the 11 or the se2 as potential options next year.

I still would only ever get an iPad though, to me that is where Apple shines, the best tablets by far and best supported with updates and security. Android tablets are badly supported with security updates and that rules them out for me.

Sounds like a special interest.

I'm a big Linux fan. Took me a while to accept that most people just don't care. I loved to explain the software, the hardware, etc. I got some pretty obscure older hardware working in Linux roughly a decade ago. It can be thrilling. You're free to love Apple products. They have a huge fan base and sizeable forums.

I'm not a "major fan" of anything. If I like something, I'll use it until I find something better. Besides, I can't think of a single corporate manufacturer of much of anything who is a fan of me.

Quid pro quo. ;)

I've held stock in Apple, as well as Microsoft and other tech companies. No brand loyalty- just a focus of a rate of return on my investment.

Last edited:
I am a fan of tech in general and I am glad that there is competition in the market. It was what made both Apple and Microsoft so huge. Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were essentially friends that headed up competing companies that drove the market forward to where it is today. that being said, I feel like Apple has suffered over the years from lack of true innovation. yea, they have put some interesting things out there but I don't think they have really brought any new tech to the market first. I think they just released their Macbook Pro 2019 though and from the initial reviews I have seen people are liking it since they finally did some stuff that their customers actually wanted. for example the switch back to scissor keys instead of the apparently hated butterfly keys. or making it slightly thicker to put a bigger battery, because with how slim they already are, it is almost no use making it slimmer. so I am hoping that Apple is taking a new coarse to make customer oriented products rather than just trying to be a fashion statement that is barley following the innovation of other companies. I would love to see a day where I actually want an apple product over windows or android, because that's the day the tech market will be pushed further than ever before.

If anyone follows PC hardware news, its like how AMD is starting to dominate the market over Intel for CPUs. which is weird to say since AMD is generally known as the budget low spec option. I love the competition because it drives companies to actually make quality and good value products. Intel was sitting so far ahead of AMD for so long they grew stagnant and made essentially the same CPUs but re-branded and higher price year after year screwing the consumers. now AMD has catapulted back to match, if not surpass by now, Intel in terms of bang for the buck CPUs that actually outperform Intel chips. meanwhile Intel is struggling to ramp up their game to compete so they are being forced to slash prices by over 50%

New Threads

Top Bottom