• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone Into Comics?

Riley

Are there any aspies on here who are into the comics of DC and Marvel? More specifically:
  • X-Men (New Mutants, New X-Men: Academy X, etc,.)
  • Teen Titans/Titans
  • Justice League
  • Justice Society Of America/JSA
  • Young Justice (The original Peter David comics)
  • Superman (Supergirl, Superboy, etc,.)
  • Legion Of Superheroes
There's actually more that aren't listed. And to be honest: I haven't read much. I just want someone to talk about comics, in general, with.

I liked:
the Walking Dead
30 Days of Night
Scott Pilgrim
and I know I’m forgetting quite a lot I read over the years. I lost my iPad on which I had a lot of comics, sadly I can no longer access the account I bought them on.

I would probably be more into DC/Marvel if they werent bloody impossible to follow. So freaking many seperate comic series featuring the same characters in the same universe... it's just too much to keep track of.

I have read some... a friend of mine is really into DC and on occaision will randomly hand me something to read, generally one of those compilation books. The Darkest Night one, for instance, I did read that, it was good. Twisted as heck, but good.

I read webcomics sometimes, though they arent really the "tell a story" sort (usually), they're more the "be totally hilarious" sort. Deathbulge is my favorite example. I must have read through every single one of them at least 6 times now. They're STILL funny. Erma is another really good one.

Other than that, manga, if those count. I read ALOT of those. Like, a ton. They're all over the place. I tend to read lesser-known series... alot of the really big series these days have trends that I just find annoying. But also it's much easier to get the full experience of a series that has 10 volumes than it is to do one that has 50.

And lastly... traditional "newspaper" comics. I grew up with Garfield. My tendency towards unending sarcasm... that's where I got it. Heck, my overall sense of humor too.

Not since I was a kid. But back then I did like "Peanuts" and especially the few "Ripley's Believe It or Not" stories that were in both paperback and comic book form. I think I liked the comic book format better.

When it came to Marvel I used to watch the cartoon version after school in the mid 60s.

Last edited:
Superman comics before 1990 , newspapers:Fred Bassett - The Daily Mail , The Broons - The Sunday post , very old wonder woman from the 1930s , Charlie Chan 1930s , The flash 1950s and 60s , Felix the cat 1930s .

I enjoy Graphic novels and Manga.
The ~32 page format of most comics is a turn off for me.
I think the ~32 page format lacks the depth a longer format can provide.
Kind of like the difference between the book and the movie based of the book.
My favorite authors have been published by Viz and Black Horse.

New Threads

Top Bottom