• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone getting stressed when playing violent games?

Interesting distinctions in play over such an issue. Anxiety/frustration versus excitement.

I get excited when playing Quake III. Not stressed....yet either can still wear me down after so much time. I just try to keep it all in perspective. That it's a game designed for fun- not struggle.

Not intended to emulate reality...at least not for me.

Unless of course one is getting paid good money for such a thing. Then it's all on another level. :eek:

Last edited:
Only if I'm stuck on part of a game (puzzle or boss battle, typically a boss battle), but once I get past it, all is well. I used to get frustrated with multiplayer games when I was younger (not throwing things and being destructive like some people are), but I've pretty much mellowed out; also taking after the Honey Badger and not caring about my Kill/Death ratio helps too, because the only people who care about that are try hards, and no one likes a try hard. Not even eSports players care about their K/D Ratio, because they got to where they are by skill and lots of practice/scrums/skrimishes, along with trial and error.

I only get stressed when I can’t figure out puzzles or when a mob startles me. Hard fights give me an adrenaline boost, but not so much that I feel stressed. I mostly notice because of how clammy my hands feel after said battle ;)

I am writing this because when I play these games, after an hour i tend to be aggressive with my surroundings. I had to stop playing these types of games because of that. It's pretty hard too not to be scared too about what happens in multiplayer because of how people react.

yeap used to make me throw around pretty nasty language in hindsight i have to appreciate that my ma is a pretty patient woman
and makes me glad i dropped that habit

Yeah, spending a bit too much time at my XP grinders in minecraft starts to feel gruesome after a while

I hate games that require fast reaction times. They are the absolute opposite of enjoyable.

I love car racing and snowboarding, and l will play it over and over if l love it. It's also suppose to improve response time in older individuals.

I love ones with intense but managable action. Favorite kind in games are last stands. Especially when you win.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gonubax
"It's pretty hard too not to be scared too about what happens in multiplayer because of how people react."

Do you mean like with bad/rude language (cursing & saying mean things)?
Or what?

From what i understand with our (and similar co morbid ) diagnosis were at higher risk of geting to absorbed in both violent video games as well as movies and so on (i know my pulse go up the rogh when seeing action movies etc... ) and i really get in to the movie or game but as far as it goes over to the extreme and act on it in reel life Nope

Oh, they don’t make me violent or aggressive at all. I only get frustrated occasionally, but then I just go do something else.

What's preventing you from simply no longer playing?

Addiction i guess :/

@Gonubax
"It's pretty hard too not to be scared too about what happens in multiplayer because of how people react."

Do you mean like with bad/rude language (cursing & saying mean things)?
Or what?
Pretty much, people who are "toxic" really frustrate me. I mean, it's a game, why can't we play like nothing happened? As a sidenote, when I was playing Planetside 2 as a TR stalker ( a subclass of the infiltrator of the Terran republic faction) i was chasing some NC, when i got him, i was killed by an friendly heavy assault. He emptied his cartridge while spamming taunt voice commands. After that, he said he hopes that my mother was dead. Like, what the hell man, there's many newbies in that game, no need to get mad at me -_-

I find that these days I tire out a lot quicker than I used to when playing games. I have to say that the other day I was looking at the new Ghost Recon game & one of the silent takedown moves surprised me at the severity of the attack. (Basically they went staby staby in the groin area... o_O) Now I've played them all over the years, used to be quite competitive against friends on Q3 Team Arena (warmup = full play-through on nightmare) & I'd have cold sweats from armpits due to the adrenaline, which I wouldn't really feel. But some of the games now are quite hyper violent almost into the realm of training aids & I'm not surprised if its stressing some people out alongside the adrenaline.

Honestly, few moments in gaming stressed me out more than these moments.

“Clementine will remember that.”

Honestly, few moments in gaming stressed me out more than these moments.

“Clementine will remember that.”
I have to say, that was one of the most stressful and emotional gaming experiences for me. I’m bummed I didn’t get to nab the final season before it was taken down from steam.

I have to say, that was one of the most stressful and emotional gaming experiences for me. I’m bummed I didn’t get to nab the final season before it was taken down from steam.

It's available in the Definitive Collection; the first 3 seasons were remastered to use the same game engine as the Final season and includes the 400 Days & Michonne DLC.

Sadly the only way to get it on PC is through the Epic Game Store, though it's also available on Xbox One & PS4 if you have one or the other.

When PUBG was all the rage, I tried playing it for a few hours. I had to stop, it stressed me out way too much.

New Threads

Top Bottom