• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone ever watched a Movie or TV show until they had to buy a new one??

Arashi222

Cuddling Vampires
V.I.P Member
Sooo I have several DVD's of movies that I have watched to the point of having to buy a second copy because I have watched it until there is so many skips it won't play correctly anymore. Now if you are like me and do this list the ones that you have had to do this with. I will go first:

RENT (both copies Broadway and cinematic)
Empire Records
Harry potter & the Sorcerer's Stone
Social Misfits

Tv Shows:
Stargate (several seasons worth)

All the time

Pirates of the Carribean
Sweeney Todd
The Godfather part 1
Fawlty Towers
Laurel and Hardy

Oddly, I have to say that I regret that I haven’t worn down anything from overuse to the point where it needed replaced, I was once asked the same things about records (a way back when)

I think I have far too many DVD's to ever get close to wearing one out, probably the closest I can vouch for getting would be that I used to watch The Crow about twice a year maybe?

Ever since I don't buy a lot of physical media (cd's/dvd's) that doesn't happen that much anymore. But I remember having some albums that were severely damaged cause of extensive use. Same as video and casette tapes, back when I was a kid. I had my phase of buying tapes instead of cd's as a kid a while. Those were the times... going to the record store and buying Iron maiden tapes as a 9 year old, lol.

But I never bought new ones... that was mostly a money issue. Going into my teens I had some albums around, but rather spend my pocketmoney on toys, thus I never had money to buy those albums new. Especially since those usually had to be ordered and with that albums got expensive.

I think I've seen Shaun of the Dead a bazillion times and yes, I have had to replace my original copy.

As for music, If I could wear out a digital track, Po' Folk by Nappy Roots would be way frazzled.

When I was a child the musicals "Annie" and "the King and I". The Fawlty Towers ones as well, but that was a family thing, my parents loved them as well. I haven't since I've grown up, but then again I sonetimes replay scenes from Fawlty Towers in my head, as I know them off by heart.

I've done it with Joss Whedon's shows, had to replace my Firefly DVDs. And season 4 disc 3 of Buffy, the one with "Hush" (the silent episode) on it.

half of my harry potter dvds no longer work from back when prisoner of azkaban was my favourite before i discovered that the director was anti-autism, and at some point my copy of the second bionicle movie completely broke because i was so fixated with nokama i had to keep watching it.

This hasn't happened to me before, but it might happen with my DuckTales DVDs someday.
(Even so I'll still keep the old ones for the memores :) )

half of my harry potter dvds no longer work from back when prisoner of azkaban was my favourite before i discovered that the director was anti-autism, and at some point my copy of the second bionicle movie completely broke because i was so fixated with nokama i had to keep watching it.
The director is anti-autism? I never heard of this. Do you have a link?

The director is anti-autism? I never heard of this. Do you have a link?

The director of the 3rd Harry potter film later created the short film I Am Autism for Autism Speaks, which portrayed Autism as a sinister voice saying that it would ruin your life, destroy your marriage, etc.

I didn't wear out any of my own videos but I helped wear out my sister's Kate Bush video, one by sneaking downstairs to watch it again and again at 3am, and two by constantly rewinding it at the beginning as I loved the Picture Music International ident which can now be found on YouTube better than the music videos that came after it to be honest.

New Threads

Top Bottom