• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else looking at getting a new 2021 tv?

I'll just be thrilled if my Samsung Series 6 Smart TV at 1080i lasts for the remainder of my life. With a DVD collection of 300+, I've read many times that they won't play well further upconverted to 4K. Besides, I'm happy with Full HD. No real need to be able to see all the microscopic skin conditions of the stars up close and personal.

Since there's no money in backwards compatibility I don't expect anyone to solve this issue. Another example of deliberate obsolescence. Upgrading my VHS tape collection to DVD was as much as I can tolerate in being forced to adopt the next latest, greatest consumer technology. Not to mention Blu-Ray has yielded to 4k format now. It never ends. :rolleyes:

Though if someone out there creates a 4K television that can enhance the appearance of an upconverted DVD beyond 1080i I'd probably buy it eventually, especially given the declining number of 1080 resolution widescreen tvs available.

Last edited:
I tend to just use stuff until it falls apart. Why? Because I'm freaking stubborn, that's why.

That being said I did end up with a new monitor over Christmas. Previous one was simply too small, and I'm nearsighted, so it was causing me to lean forward a lot, messing up my back.

Yeah, I know, TECHNICALLY a monitor probably aint a TV, but.... feh, it's all the same to me. It's a screen, it displays stuff. What more would I need?

New Threads

Top Bottom