• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone an Overwatch/Call of Duty League fan?

VernalSole1355

Anyone here a fan of either the Overwatch League (OWL) or the Call of Duty League (CDL)?

For those who don't know, the OWL & CDL are pro e-sports leagues that play Overwatch & COD respectively. It's different from other e-sports in that they are the first 2 to have adopted the franchise model in that teams base themselves out of real world cities, and pre-pandemic were going to different cities throughout the world to play.

OWL is 6v6 but due to go to 5v5 with the release of Overwatch 2. CDL is 4v4. Both leagues are international, both have teams in North America & Europe, but the Overwatch League also has teams in Asia. I'll list them all here for you so you can see what I mean:

Overwatch League Teams:
US Teams:
Boston Uprising
New York Excelsior
Atlanta Reign
Florida Mayhem
Houston Outlaws
Washington Justice
Philadelphia Fusion
Dallas Fuel
Los Angeles Valiant
Los Angeles Gladiators
San Francisco Shock

Canadian Teams:
Toronto Defiant
Vancouver Titans

European Teams:
London Spitefire
Paris Eternal

Asian Teams:
Chengdu Hunters
Guangzhou Charge
Hangzhou Spark
Shanghai Dragons
Seoul Dynasty (South Korea)

Call of Duty League Teams

US Teams:
Atlanta FaZe
OpTic Chicago
Dallas Empire
Florida Mutineers
Los Angeles Guerillas
Los Angeles Thieves
Minnesota ROKKR
New York Subliners
Seattle Surge

Other Teams:
Toronto Ultra
London Royal Ravens
Paris Legion

Both of the leagues used YouTube to stream matches LIVE and upload them for on demand viewing. They even have a way to make it so you can view their website spoiler free.

So, who are your favorite team(s)?

P.S. Here are the websites for the leagues:
overwatchleague.com
callofdutyleague.com

Last edited:
I've occasionally seen bits of the Overwatch stuff and thought it was entertaining, though that's usually just clips and such. They can be kinda cool at times as long as they are brief.

Though honestly that's as far as it really goes for me. Corporate greed kinda killed the entire AAA side of the industry for me, so I generally avoid anything having to do with it.

Also frankly I have zero understanding of FPS tactics anyway. My strategy in basically anything is basically "CHAAAAAARGE!!!" which doesnt lend itself to that genre well. So if ever watching an FPS I usually dont really know what's going on since I have no experienced concepts to compare it to.

New Threads

Top Bottom