• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody else besides me that loves watching Krtek instead of "adult" cartoons?

Turbocks

For most of my life as a 19 year old swedish teenage boy with aspergers I have always enjoyed animated cartoons and movies much more than live action shows and movies particularily cartoons or films that are more aimed at kids such as the Czech cartoon series called Krtek that features gorgeous animations that looks like as if it was made by Walt Disney but if he was from eastern Europe and of course there is the beautiful music.

Although I do also enjoy watching more violent anime content such as Attack on titan or JoJo's bizzare adventure and of course I will still also watch the cute and child friendly cartoons as long as it's well made without too much pandering I will watch it and I can watch it for hours.

I am not really that big of a fan of the so called "adult" cartoons such as Family guy mostly because they tend to be much more realistic which is usually not what I am looking for because I see cartoons as a way to escape the horrors of reality and humanity in general which is why I enjoy cute cartoons such as Krtek that makes me feel like a kid again.

Am I the only one who feels this way about cartoons and entertainment in general?

I'm rather fond of animated movies and series in general, although I don't watch them often anymore. I remember Krtek though, it used to be a typical evening series we would watch as little kids, so called 'goodnight stories'. I remember it being rather sweet if a little silly at times.

My preferred method of pretending reality didn't exist were books, though. They seemed more interesting to me, less predictable and I could create the worlds within as I would see fit for them to be. Right now I'm more open-minded, however, and don't try to escape reality nearly as often as at the time. There are interesting things next to you as well as in the stories.

New Threads

Top Bottom