1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody Else Anti-War?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Joshua Aaron, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Joshua Aaron

Joshua Aaron Autistic Bisexual

Is anybody else anti-war? I mean, despite what my Steam library shows (I play a ton of FPS games), I am quite the pacifist. I will never take a human life unless it's to defend myself, my friends, and my family. I'd only act violently when somebody I care about is in danger, or even myself.

I hate war. It disgusts me. While, yes, keeping the terrorists at bay is important, I think we have more pressing issues that require more budgeting. However, the army is unproportionally spent on, as seen in this graph:
    [​IMG]
    Ironically, our own president is blaming stuff OTHER than the military for sapping tax dollars. However, military spending is more than 50%, while the other stuff is 20% or less. Trump also banned openly Trans people from serving in the military because he thought that the military "cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail." And, yes. That is a direct quote from his Twitter. Which is kinda stupid, since the military is the most budgeted program of all the U.S. Government programs.

I am not only pacifistic and anti-war because I think that spending so much on military operations is bad, but also because I think that war hurts everybody involved. Not even civilians are safe, either. People have become severely depressed, and even committed suicide after learning that their loved ones died somewhere in a desert far away due to several gunshot wounds.

Soldiers also often commit suicide due to PTSD and depression, and even from watching their friends die in combat, and also having to live with the fact that they killed many people due to being in combat.

If World War III breaks out and I get drafted, I'd just tell them of my mental health issues, such as the bipolar disorder I currently suspect myself of having, and also the trust issues I have from being used by others during my middle school years. If unsuccessful, I would just tell them I'm more suited towards a non-combat role. I freaking hate war, and I will not ever join the military in any way for any reason. Not even for free college.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. christopher.k

christopher.k roosterman

i dislike just about everything about it from an ethical and principle point of view though im undecided weather i agree or not with the idea that it should exist to deter countries with strong military's from starting that 3rd world war.

and unfortunately i cant offer much more than my simple opinion i find it hard to get the motivation to study things i cant directly effect or interact with.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince My future job title.

If needed i would join the military to protect people from monsters. Like isis or the nazis. Though admittedly id probably do better in a non combat role.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝

I am more anti-bully, than anti-war.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝

“We sleep soundly in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night to do violence on those who would harm us" --George Orwell (1942)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I don't like the idea of war either. Self-defense is one thing but I think negotiations should be made without the use of violence whenever possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xerces Blue

Xerces Blue Evil Overload

As someone who has spent many years in the military President Trumps statement makes a lot of sense.
    From a military healthcare point of view.
    In a modern military you want relatively stable soldiers.
    Going through a gender change can be compared to going through a second puberty - it's a lot of hormone changes and that effects your mind, emotions and physical health a lot.
    And you want to add that on top of combat wounds, training injuries and general health issues.
    The cost is going to go up.
    Sexual preference or self image(in a sexual orientation sense) was never a problem in my unit, We had a common goal.
    I don't care if the person I share a foxhole with is homosexual or is a furry or whatever else their kink was so long as they shoot the enemy(Their kink wasn't illegal), and will haul my butt to the medics if I get hit, I'd do the same for them.
    I had a sergeant that was a lesbian, she was awesome to hang out with, we compared preferences and gave advice and if our subject of scrutiny favored one or the other we didn't hold it against the other.
    All that stuff really seems like something our enemies use to divide us anyway - Psy-ops.

Honestly nobody in the Military want's a bunch of draftees.
    Conscripts are unreliable and often under trained.

Most don't want war.
    But the only way you can't have war is if EVERYONE agrees to agree on stuff.
    THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!

So I don't care if you dislike war.
    Saying you dislike war is like saying you don't like disagreeing with someone.

How many people like being robbed or murdered?
    That's the alternative.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019