• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody been struggling with anxiety? (New Years)

Matthew Behnke

I wanted to personally post here because I haven’t in a long time, and I wanted to discuss a serious problem I had but handled very well over a year, I have had a lot of anxiety last year and just a summary of what I wanted to share.

For the past year, I have been struggling with OCD and anxiety, along with also having ADHD, my goals have improved very well, I feel my constant anxieties with learning the language of Russian and in the social media world of it was a huge lift on me.

However, it made me mature more as I experienced the various worries of meeting people online and learning to deal with problems such as being hacked, meeting people I don’t know very well, and getting over my anxiety.

Overall, the immersion of meeting various culture and ethnicity in such language has been very rewarding, I really love my girlfriend who is from a Moscow suburb and we chat online, I want to really go to the country one day.

I feel I have never had a major accomplishment like that in life and I feel it is worth to live despite my anxieties and disabilities, I felt like I was not really mature back then and I didn’t care about my goals.

I tried going to school in 2019 privately but I homeschooled because the anxiety was still too much and the schedules were confusing, I also tried to get healthier and made sure to do it as much as possible, I still have problems managing eating due to my anxiety.

But I am hoping next decade in 2020s I will stop worrying about this, I liked the last decade but it was both terrible and good at the end because of major events in the world and in my life, such as picking up a language, anxiety, and climate change along with several bad events in the world.

If anyone of you also struggle with anxiety and are taking any medication or have other problems, please share because my family has been worried about me and they are glad I am handling everything very well. :)

Have anxiety? I AM anxiety!

But seriously, I take several medications and they all help with some type of anxiety to an extent, whether or not they're specifically intended to treat anxiety.

Lithium-dampens all emotions.
Risperidone-reduces general anxiety.
Adderall-reduces social anxiety.
Gabapentin-reduces all kinds of anxiety.
Wellbutrin-okay, maybe this doesn't affect anxiety, but who knows.

I also have ADHD and struggle with OCD issues, so we sound very similar! I eat healthy and exercise so that helps, and I'm also doing a DBT skills workbook, which has a lot of exercises that can help with anxiety.

Make sure you drink enough water! I never used to drink much and couldn't imagine how it could affect so many things, but I've noticed that I'm anxious when I'm dehydrated. For reals.

I would only recommend taking prescription medication as an absolute last resort, especially at your age. Try finding someone you can share your fears and trepidations with, and the best people I've found are people I know and trust, like my parents. Don't bottle up your concerns.

Try looking at holistic, natural remedies for anxiety first. Research things like GABA, 5HTP and CBD oil, and look into herbal treatments. It's not always the answer we are looking for, but sometimes we just have to decide to stop focusing on what concerns us. It's really difficult at first, I know, but if you work at it, you will see an improvement, and the best attitude for the anxious personality, is not to take life too seriously.

Good luck.

Omg anxiety... it’s the worse. I currently take trintellix and abilify which help mine but it doesn’t cure it. I struggle greatly with anxiety, especially in crowds of ppl or just a few ppl. Also noises are very frustrating for me and anxiety inducing. You are not alone! It’s so hard to deal with. I find that burying myself in my special interest helps a lot with coping. I can block out the outside world and just be myself. I hope this helps!

I’ve suffered from a lot of anxiety in 2019. I’m doing a little better now, I’ve been able to travel alone to another city and spend the night by myself in a hotel to attend a seminar where I didn’t know anyone. A big win in my book. I think my bipolar medication helps in this, I take quetiapine and citalopram for my mood, which makes me a little more relaxed overall. I have oxazepam to take if needed, but I try not to use it.

New Threads

Top Bottom