• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any recommendations for a nerd/social awkward person

Neramo

Hope i'm not alone with this. Beeing alone all my life, which is not a checkup line. Explaing just being shy don't seem to help.

I'm over 40 and my biggest releationshops have lasted like 4 weeks. People in my age got like 1-5 kids, 1-3 grandkids, and i haven't event done it more then 3 times sober. Please don't laugh.

Do any of you got any recommendations about websites, treatments or something similar. Pretty much about to give it all up, except for going 100% unsocial geek.

Not laughing at all - it's tough, not knowing where to start. Approaching people was a big barrier for me, but I've found OKCupid to be a good site, as it gets me around my big issues.

More than that, though, you're looking for dating advice. The biggest, and hardest, thing is to get out there and start trying, because rejections are waiting, and many times it will be hard to tell what even caused them to say "No thanks." Could you say a little bit about your previous relationships, so any advice could be more specific to you?

For instance, in my case, I'm pretty sure that sometimes I come on too intense when trying to make a connection via online message. I'm working to tone it down and keep things more conversational, since not everyone is looking for an essay in their inbox.

Hope i'm not alone with this. Beeing alone all my life, which is not a checkup line. Explaing just being shy don't seem to help.

I'm over 40 and my biggest releationshops have lasted like 4 weeks. People in my age got like 1-5 kids, 1-3 grandkids, and i haven't event done it more then 3 times sober. Please don't laugh.

Do any of you got any recommendations about websites, treatments or something similar. Pretty much about to give it all up, except for going 100% unsocial geek.

Just read a really good book you might find helpful- Rudy Simone's Aspergirls. She also has some books on NT's dating us Aspies, and she sorts it into a boys book and a girls book. Trying to look at it from their perspective tends to help. But, the best advice is to find a friend first. I'm working on that.

New Threads

Top Bottom