• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Athiests: What do you believe?

Im surpised how many aspies on here follow the whole God thing. I thought we were all smarter than that lol :p

But if it works for them and makes them blindly happy...good for them :)

I wish i could do that sometimes

For me personally, I believe fully in evolution and natural selection. With that in mind, there is evidence for how everything exists, whereas I have never seen any proof of the existence of any form of higher power that created anything.

But lack of proof doesn't deny existence, thereby making agnosticism the obvious(to me) stand point.

Evolution is clear and proven, disproving many long held beliefs, but there's surely a possibility that it's not all random?

Is there not a bit of rebellion that turns an agnostic into an atheist?

I am an Australian Atheist. From what I understand that makes a big difference. Religion is not really a big thing here. It is seen as a personal, not public thing. Growing up I did not know where any religious buildings were, which of my acquaintances were religious or what people did in religion. (Chanted and prayed in churches?)
But uin this respect, it was never a big thing or brave thing to be either religious or non-religious. It never bothered me either way. Of course, I do not believe but then I had not grown up with that. I think it is great for a lot of people and others seem to really suffer with it. I think you can be a terrible person with religion and a terrible person without religion, I do not think it makes a difference in that respect.

I am an aspie Athiest, a huge fan of darkmatter2525 on Youtube. I just find religion as a waste of time and oppressive but that is just me.
Oh I've watched this youtube channel! So funny! I'm science and logic all the way. :3

When trying to explain to my 4 year old what happened to his cat when she died from cancer I told him she went to space to travel the universe.

When people start trying to talk God, church and praying to me I usually don't really respond and just let it roll away from me. Although all the people trying to claim gods will on me being pregnant I want to slap. No the dr that fixed me obviously could of done a better job. I'm going to request they actually remove some length of tubing after this pregnancy, hopefully they'll oblige.

Usually when I fill in forms for stuff and it asks my Religion, I put "Jedi" :D

Meh, I'm a big Star Wars fan :D
Nice!!

I think you can be a terrible person with religion and a terrible person without religion, I do not think it makes a difference in that respect.
This statement is definitely true!

Last edited:
When religious people ask me who made me when I deny there is a God I say back, my parents had sex, I wasnt created out of mud, biology ftw.

Im surpised how many aspies on here follow the whole God thing. I thought we were all smarter than that lol :p

But if it works for them and makes them blindly happy...good for them :)

I wish i could do that sometimes
God is imaginary, a tool used to manipulate people to do stuff against their free will and suppress natural urges and shaming people being natural.

Well? I was born October 3rd, the same date as Edward Elrichs watch is as they tried to transmute their dead mom back to life by alchemy.
Never forget, I was born on this date, maybe I am a harmonculi a coworker of mine joked and said I am the male incarnate of lust, I guess it fits things I do have a high libido. Oh well it is what it is.

I don't profess myself as an atheist. Yet I decry religion as a human invention.
We live in such an infinitely small point in time and the universe that we have no way of knowing what will, of has existed.

What is truly stopping a mortal entity in the 67th billion year of the universe from achieving a level of power comparable to god-hood?

But, overall, yes, I could be classed as an atheist.

I'm an ordained minister of Dudeism. And a pastafarian. But yeah, also an atheist. I dabbled in Wicca as a teen but it just wasn't for me, I lack belief in spiritual things.

That was very well said. As a Christian and trained to be a pastor, I couldn’t agree more. I do not care for religion, as we know it today; and church is supposed to be the people, but it has become the building. The center of my faith is Jesus. He is not a religion, but a relationship. Even He disliked religious people and publicly rebuked them. Rather ironic that a Christian and an atheist can find a common ground.:)

Reminded me of the lyrics in one of my favouurite songs;

The The - Armageddon days are here (again);

If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
He'd be gunned down cold by the C.I.A.
Oh, the lights that now burn brightest behind stained glass
Will cast the darkest shadows upon the human heart
But God didn't build himself that throne
God doesn't live in Israel or Rome
God belong to the yankee dollar
God doesn't plant the bombs for Hezbollah
God doesn't even go to church
And God won't send us down to Allah to burn
No, God will remind us what we already know
That the human race is about to reap what it's sown

Full lyrics here; The The Lyrics - Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)

My definition of religon;

The traditions and hysteria passed on through the ages after a major player changes the world for the better.

I have been an atheist for almost two years, and I couldn't be happier now without constant fear of god and his threats of hell for simply being human.

-Austin

I would have described myself as a new age scientologist, but that was before Tom Cruise ruined the word with a creepy cult.

I am a scientist. Therefore, I cannot say God is real, but I also can't say God isn't real.

The unknown keeps me going forward in life, I love the unknown.

That was very well said. As a Christian and trained to be a pastor, I couldn’t agree more. I do not care for religion, as we know it today; and church is supposed to be the people, but it has become the building. The
center of my faith is Jesus. He is not a religion, but a relationship. Even He disliked religious people and publicly rebuked them. Rather ironic that a Christian and an atheist can find a common ground.:)

Not really. My best mate is Buddhist. My Daughter is Christian. I have a few Muslim mates. Used to be next door neighbours with a Wiccan. I do not find religion unto itself a bad thing nor something to rail against.

I think Jesus was a very interesting character in history and certainly there are a lot worse people to role model behaviour from. Being generous with your nature and helping those in need and such are noble values and worth promoting in society generally and individually.

I think that Atheists can get branded very badly and not without good reason. Many of the louder voices are as zealous as any Fire, Brimstone and Damnation Fundamentalist Christian Preacher. As I say though, mostly in Australia, I would say that maybe 20% of Australia is Christian with maybe another 20% Believing in a God or some such force (and perhaps nominally Christian identifying), 15% Believing in other religions and 45% Atheist. The Atheists here are not in the minority and not zealous. It is hardly really discussed and there is not really any societal pressure or want for conformity.

It hurts me in no way if someone gets joy or pleasure or insight or well-being in believing in something that I do not necessarily believe in and I do not think I am a better or worse person than they for not believing in that thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom