• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Athiests: What do you believe?

AspieOtaku

Leader of the otaku legion!
I am an aspie Athiest, a huge fan of darkmatter2525 on Youtube. I just find religion as a waste of time and oppressive but that is just me.

I think you will find a wide array of spiritual persuasions here. I am an atheist, but many others here are deeply religious.

im Athiest to.

Youtub tip : The Atheist Experience

talkshow w callers (offend religious ppl who question atheistsm and wanna "prove" good)
in the earlier episodes the show seams very local, but as time technology and knowledge of the show process ppl call from many parts of the planet.

*edit spelling

Last edited:
I am not a Theist. I'm probably pantheistic although with an underlying humanist agnosticism today :)

I class myself as generally spiritual, but I've 'dipped and dabbed' in a few religions in the past - including some less mainstream such as Wicca and Dragon Magick.
That said, I respect other people's beliefs; after all, we're all unique and will find our own paths in life - regardless of whether that leads you deeply into a religion, into an atheist mindset or leaves you open-minded to various possibilities.

I'm an atheist. I tried religion as a youngster but found no answers there.

I accept that some people need to believe in something. But the things that those people believe in are nonsensical to me.

I find the language of numbers and the order it places on the nature of the universe is infinitely more inspiring, and exciting, and fulfilling, and even reverential. I don't completely understand the language of numbers, but it makes more sense to me than any religion or mass faith. :D

Put me down as an atheist.
I only believe in things that have data supporting them. I don't see any data supporting the existence of a divine creator. If anybody does then please point it out to me (please don't mention the bible which was written by humans, not by a divine creator).

I am. A secular humanist, really. We only get one shot on this marble, and I want to use that time to fight for the good and rights of others, in the limited ways that I can.

Being raised in the northern Bible belt, I got a lot of grief and shame for not believing. I did try, for a while, to fit in. It took an unfortunate number of years to shed the broken evil heathen mantle, and truly believe that there wasn't a thing wrong with me. Even today, there are old friends on my Facebook feed who invoke god in a majority of posts, just about the most random, mundane life things. And every time, I get a little bit of a skin crawl.

I am. A secular humanist, really. We only get one shot on this marble, and I want to use that time to fight for the good and rights of others, in the limited ways that I can.

Being raised in the northern Bible belt, I got a lot of grief and shame for not believing. I did try, for a while, to fit in. It took an unfortunate number of years to shed the broken evil heathen mantle, and truly believe that there wasn't a thing wrong with me. Even today, there are old friends on my Facebook feed who invoke god in a majority of posts, just about the most random, mundane life things. And every time, I get a little bit of a skin crawl.
Been to the Bible belt and it sucks glad to get back out of there so I can think freely again! Evolution has no place in the bible belt it is evil! But yet is fact and has evidence to back it up. They dont like science either unless its creation pseudoscience!

I'm on the same page with you. I hope that when I leave this marble, I've contributed to making it a tiny tiny bit better than worse. That would be a nice thing. I would call myself an agnostic/secular Buddhist. Secular Buddhist writers like Stephen Bachelor get the same flack from the established Buddhist traditions for not absolutely believing in karma/reincarnation etc.

Gotta say it: Amen to that. :)

I also identify as a secular humanist, which sounds benign enough, though I've been surprised at how many self-identified atheists find that nomenclature pretentious. What can I say? I am secular, and I prefer to put my faith in humanity rather than God. So, snooty-sounding or not, the label is appropriately descriptive.

I used to be a shamefully self-centered person until my personal circumstances took a hard nosedive for a while, and I found myself in the sub-basement of the social pyramid. What started out as a devastating kick in my pride turned out to be a revelation: I'm no better than anyone else, so I should care more about everybody. I'm limited in what I can do, too, but like you, I'm committed to doing all I can.

I am also an atheist. If people want to believe in and follow a religion, that's up to them but I cannot in any way actually get my head around how people can believe something, which to me...sounds utterly ridiculous.

I'm suspect the universe is alive, but don't believe in a god as a personality, or as described in the bible.

However, I do have question for the atheists.

Is not the most logic nonbeliveing stand point agnosticism not atheism?

Why take a position against a god when there is no hard evidence one way or the other?

After all who really knows?

Why take a position against a god when there is no hard evidence one way or the other?

After all who really knows?

For me personally, I believe fully in evolution and natural selection. With that in mind, there is evidence for how everything exists, whereas I have never seen any proof of the existence of any form of higher power that created anything.

New Threads

Top Bottom