• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else a ferret lover??

Bri

I just got my first one and he is pure love!! He is 10 weeks. I was just looking for general chit chat and and tips from experience!! Post pictures of your little furrys!! ❤️
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1410131670.116577.jpg

He is awful adorable, is he potty trained?
Thank you!
Yes he is! With the exception of some accidents if were playing too long he'll run to a corner :/ I wish they had like signs or maybe I'm not picking them up??

That is what I love most about my kitties, from day one of bringing them home after they weened off their mother they have used the liter box every time, except for hairballs, for some reason they feel the need to warf those up on the rug.

That is what I love most about my kitties, from day one of bringing them home after they weened off their mother they have used the liter box every time, except for hairballs, for some reason they feel the need to warf those up on the rug.
Yeah I have one gorgeous long hair and he has troubles with his hair balls. He also has a sensitive stomach so I always find little presents around the apartment d;
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1410173089.338557.jpg

He's so fabulous and doesn't know it.

I don't have ferrets, I have rats. Do your ferrets bite ?
Picture a ferret as a little tiny dog. They don't bite as long as you train them when they're young to not nip. My little guy had a problem with this but it's almost resolved by just snapping away and yelling no! Then putting them back in their cage. They are so smart and trainable (just like rats). I had a few in my teenage years! They were such sweeties. ❤️

You have some beautiful pets. I just have cats right now but I've always wanted a ferret.

Had a ferret once, but was allergic to it so we had to find it a different home. His name was Loki and he was a wildman! I would sit and watch him for hours as he went crazy all over the house. He was funny little critter.

I just got my first one and he is pure love!! He is 10 weeks. I was just looking for general chit chat and and tips from experience!! Post pictures of your little furrys!! ❤️View attachment 12542
Hi Bri, I used to have 3 ferrets! 2 boys, 1 adopted girl. I never meant to have ferrets. Long story short, they were unplanned ferrets from a prior relationship!:tongueout: I love animals, but they were more work than I was used to, my arms were all scratched up, nip training and potty training them was tough, and they were nuts - I had no ferret proofed room. So when they were out, one loved to take all of the books out of my bookshelf, another was always trying to steal and hide a flower shaped bottle of perfume, and the most rambunctious one - if I didn't see or hear him, I knew I'd find him in my laundry basket nibbling holes into my fresh undies.:laughing:

Once I forgot to lock their cage door properly and when I got home - well, the plants had been dug out of their pots, but luckily nothing more crazy happened. Maybe because I had to work so hard with them, I ended up loving them the most - I was quite frustrated with their care and their antics, and yet I also loved them so much in the end.

I ended up having to rehome them when my a family member because so ill that I was unable to put enough time into their care and playtime - and it was possibly going to be that situation for several years until that person died, so I found a very loving and experienced home for them where they got to play even longer hours in a ferret proofed room.

I remember really having to stay on top of their litter pans to prevent odor - the but the ferrets themselves did not smell bad at all. Their bodies smelled like corn chips and their tails smelled like grape kool-aid.:) I liked their scent, actually - so fun, just like they were!

New Threads

Top Bottom