• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any chance of a reboot of Terrahawks?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Last year's reboot of Thunderbirds was quite successful apparently, well my Brother's kids both like it and they're 8 and just turned 6 respectively.

I'm not normally a fan of remakes/reboots of old franchises as they tend to be crap compared to the source material, but I was a massive Terrahawks fan in the early to mid 80s so I think a reboot would work, but with Puppets though, none of this newfangled CGI nonsense, and with as many of the original voice cast as are still with us if possible.

What do you guys think?

Last year's reboot of Thunderbirds was quite successful apparently, well my Brother's kids both like it and they're 8 and just turned 6 respectively.

I'm not normally a fan of remakes/reboots of old franchises as they tend to be crap compared to the source material, but I was a massive Terrahawks fan in the early to mid 80s so I think a reboot would work, but with Puppets though, none of this newfangled CGI nonsense, and with as many of the original voice cast as are still with us if possible.

What do you guys think?

It sounds like it'd be good and I'd give it a watch.

Sadly, although you would want it to be done with puppets I seriously doubt that would happen - pretty much everything that is rebooted from an older show in this day and age is done with CGI whether it's Smurfs, Captain Scarlet, Dan Dare, Thunderbirds, etc.
In fact, the only show I can remember that's gotten a recent update without going full CGI is The Clangers.

Still, I wouldn't put it past them to use puppets if the demand was high enough, should such a series be made.

I've never watch Terrahawks, it was before my time. But I do agree with you that remakes and revivals should keep to their roots. I saw they're bringing out new episodes of Noddy, which was a major part of my early childhood, it looks wrong in CGI. Peter Rabbit also, although it didn't have an earlier TV animation series it also looks bad and cheap in CGI.

I've never watch Terrahawks, it was before my time. But I do agree with you that remakes and revivals should keep to their roots. I saw they're bringing out new episodes of Noddy, which was a major part of my early childhood, it looks wrong in CGI. Peter Rabbit also, although it didn't have an earlier TV animation series it also looks bad and cheap in CGI.

Most of the good stuff was done in the 70s and early 80s, CGI technology hadn't been invented yet back then.

I do NOT trust the word 'reboot.' Not only did it make the most Shakespearean horror movie into something vapid, it conjured up something WORSE than Batman & Robin. Trust your gut and assume a 'Terrahawks' reboot would be terrible.

Most of the good stuff was done in the 70s and early 80s, CGI technology hadn't been invented yet back then.

True; it meant that people making these programs had to be creative with what they could use - especially as these shows would often have low budgets.
Nowadays, CGI often allows an easy alternative and so a lot of creativity and originality is lost in the process.

New Threads

Top Bottom