• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still single

Have you tried Tinder?

I have. Tons of swipes but no matches.

My general experience with dating apps is basically this: making a profile and doing the best I can with it, binge messaging in hopes of getting a response, doing my best to be patient while the clock ticks away, and I either get ignored or if any sort of conversation happens, it fizzles out.

The closest I got to getting a date was having a woman messaging me that she wanted to meet up despite telling me she had no money to do anything. I offered to pay for something like coffee or food but her profile suddenly disappeared without a trace.

My general experience with dating apps is basically this: making a profile and doing the best I can with it, binge messaging in hopes of getting a response, doing my best to be patient while the clock ticks away, and I either get ignored or if any sort of conversation happens, it fizzles out.

The closest I got to getting a date was having a woman messaging me that she wanted to meet up despite telling me she had no money to do anything. I offered to pay for something like coffee or food but her profile suddenly disappeared without a trace.
That sucks.

You got closer than i got, i don't even msg most of my matches, and the ones i do dont respond.

Hey buddy you came further than me. I can't even talk to a girl I don't know for a conversation as that is a big 10 on my scale and 9 them talking to you (don't count if they are married 5, ask for directions 8.1 or want to sell you something 8.3) NEVER EVER HAPPENS okay 100-1 odds.

Last edited:
I just wanted to share my experience. Although I am much older, I didn't forsee any prospects at all back then. I wanted to have a boyfriend but was too scared. I just focused on myself and being happy with myself. Later, I did go to groups that were more for introverts and then someone invited me to a church gathering. I actually met my husband quite by accident!
I think if you get out to places that you feel more comfortable, then you will have a better chance of meeting that perfect person for you!
Now a days there is Meetup.com and there are a whole bunch of groups and events.
What is so nice about MeetUp.com, you all meet as a group depending upon the interest. It is informal and the pressure is off. You can be yourself.
The saying Birds of a Feather Flock together. ❤
I am excited for you guys to try this out!
Keep me updated!

I thought by now I would be married and have children or at least be in a long-term relationship. Instead, I still can’t get even a casual date whether it’s through online avenues (I ceased all of them in 2020.) or meeting in person. I am worried that either time is running out or that I am just meant to be without a partner for the rest of my life. :(

Last edited:
I understand how you feel. Although I'm in a relationship, it still isn't as simple as some may think to have a baby, and my time is running out in that way because the older a woman gets the more infertile she becomes. I think men can still have children even when they're older, but you have to be in a relationship for that to happen, and so I know how frustrating and lonely it might feel for you.
But I know a man who thinks he might be on the spectrum, and he couldn't find a girlfriend for years, then met someone when he was 40 and settled down with her. He really wanted children, and he had his first when he was 43.

Last edited:
I understand how you feel. Although I'm in a relationship, it still isn't as simple as some may think to have a baby, and my time is running out in that way because the older a woman gets the more infertile she becomes. I think men can still have children even when they're older, but you have to be in a relationship for that to happen, and so I know how frustrating and lonely it might feel for you.
But I know a man who thinks he might be on the spectrum, and he couldn't find a girlfriend for years, then met someone when he was 40 and settled down with her. He really wanted children, and he had his first when he was 43.
Thank you for always being kind to me.

I can wait until I am in a better life situation to have children. I would just like to have a special someone in my life.

Thank you for always being kind to me.

I can wait until I am in a better life situation to have children. I would just like to have a special someone in my life.
If I keep crossing my fingers for you it hopefully will happen. I'd like it to happen.

People can sense if you aren't independent enough or if you might go too slow for them. Women can be tricky because they like more detail but they still might say "no" anyway. Work on things under your control to maximize your chances.

Are you saying that he never had a girlfriend until he was 40? If so, sadly not unheard of for that to happen to men

Are you saying that he never had a girlfriend until he was 40? If so, sadly not unheard of for that to happen to men
Well he might have had short-lived girlfriends but they let him down or only used him. He was lonely and really wanted to settle down with a nice lady and be a father. It finally happened at 40, which isn't too late at all. In fact it's never too late to fall in love.

I have to go to bed and I am really trying to be more positive but I really hope in the coming year I can post about finding love after ten years of not finding it.
I've decided to stop looking for peers in life. Find somebody who looks disadvantaged to you, take joy and find love in supporting them, and discover how much stronger than you they are in ways you didn't expect. The founder of my faith was always doing miracles specifically for those people, and there was a reason.

Well he might have had short-lived girlfriends but they let him down or only used him. He was lonely and really wanted to settle down with a nice lady and be a father. It finally happened at 40, which isn't too late at all. In fact it's never too late to fall in love.
Yep I hear that a lot, I have mixed emotions on that, just angers me that it's more common for men than it is for women to be chronically alone and single later than normal

Glad someone agrees with me, yet people and society still think men have it better than women do in dating
Yes it's easier for women in the dating world. I don't care what anyone says, I've been posting on internet forums for 14 years and the amount of women in relationships significantly outnumbered the amount of men in relationships. Even women who are more disabled by their autism seem to be in relationships with a loving partner (oh, better add that this isn't true for EVERY woman on the spectrum, but just moreso than men on the spectrum).
(But I guess the only downside of it is that more women on the spectrum have been sexual abused in their lives, although I actually haven't).

I think it's due to socially awkward men being mistaken as "creepy" if they try and attract women, but if socially awkward women want to attract men we can flirt and even pester and still not be mistaken for creepy. I used to flirt all the time when I was younger and made a stupid nuisance of myself, but I was never reported or anything. But had I of been a guy doing the same but with women, the outcome might have been different. That's where it makes it harder for guys. I'm talking about from perspective of general society. I generally know when a man is being creepy, and no men here or any other forums have been creepy to me.

Yes it's easier for women in the dating world. I don't care what anyone says, I've been posting on internet forums for 14 years and the amount of women in relationships significantly outnumbered the amount of men in relationships. Even women who are more disabled by their autism seem to be in relationships with a loving partner (oh, better add that this isn't true for EVERY woman on the spectrum, but just moreso than men on the spectrum).
(But I guess the only downside of it is that more women on the spectrum have been sexual abused in their lives, although I actually haven't).

I think it's due to socially awkward men being mistaken as "creepy" if they try and attract women, but if socially awkward women want to attract men we can flirt and even pester and still not be mistaken for creepy. I used to flirt all the time when I was younger and made a stupid nuisance of myself, but I was never reported or anything. But had I of been a guy doing the same but with women, the outcome might have been different. That's where it makes it harder for guys. I'm talking about from perspective of general society. I generally know when a man is being creepy, and no men here or any other forums have been creepy to me.
Glad that a woman agrees that dating is harder for men.

Yeah one of my friends from middle school never had a girlfriend until last year at 34 and I have mixed emotions on that and I like to think that if he had been born a woman more than likely he would not have been alone or single that long.

Reminds me of another guy I met at a social Meetup Group who told me who never had a girlfriend until 30

New Threads

Top Bottom