• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Another one ;)

BenderRodriguez

Hi, I never wrote an introduction before so here we go.

I’m Bender and please don’t ask if I’m a Mexican gay man: for a long time, Futurama was my (autistic) son’s favourite show and we had a lot of fun watching it together. He still tells people sometimes to “kiss his shiny metal ass” ;)

I’ve been diagnosed late in life, they spotted me while evaluating my son. I can’t say it made a significant difference for me, but it helped me understand some past struggles better.

My introduction to this world was violent and miserable and kept being so for the next two decades; in the second half of my life, I was blessed with an unexpected amount of good things and people that I'm very grateful for. I feel very much at home with some people on the spectrum, but also with eccentric allistic ones.

I’m also a life-long insomniac, while other problems seem to come and go, this one is permanent. I have a lovely wife who’s still the light of my days and joy of my (often sleepless) nights and two teenage kids whom I love and even like just as they are ;)

I have more hobbies than free time, but I'm mostly interested in classic literature, history, film, music and art and I’m passionate about books and ideas. I’m curious and inquisitive by nature and love learning and exploring new avenues: it keeps me young and hopefully sharp. I often try to understand things without judgement and believe in cultivating compassion, but I can also be a bit rigid when it comes to treating and addressing people in a civilised way.

Working out and cooking or baking are my favourite ways of dealing with stress and I generally like doing things with my hands. IRL I lean on humour to face the ugly side of the world and my own demons. I also love animals and I'm officially a cat-nut :p

So, nice to meet you all, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship ;)

Last edited:
upload_2020-7-9_12-58-10.png

Welcome, brother Bender. It's good to see you "on the other side". You will be among friends here.

Hi Bender, you sound like a welcome addition to the forum. As your interests are quite similar to many here, including my own. I look forward to your future posts.

New Threads

Top Bottom