• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Another one joins the club

Bolletje

Overly complicated potato
V.I.P Member
Hey everyone, so glad to find a platform for people going through the same things I am. I'm a 30 y/o Dutch female, diagnosed with Aspergers about a year and a half ago, after 15 years of struggling with depression, anxiety and finding my place in society. I'm in a pretty happy place right now, after finding out I'm not some broken human being that just doesn't belong.
I live with my insanely lovable boyfriend and two cats and am about to return to finishing my masters degree in Medicine, after a long hiatus because of said depression. I hope to find some laughs and support here, because while my friends and family are good people, it's still hard for them to understand parts of my behavior and it's hard not to have someone to talk to that knows what I'm going through.
Looking forward to talking to you guys!

Thank you all for welcoming me, it's an eye opener to see how many of my problems are shared by you all. Big relief.

Thank you all for welcoming me, it's an eye opener to see how many of my problems are shared by you all. Big relief.
I thought that too.

I only self diagnosed 3 weeks ago, and it feels like I've come home after being lost for decades.

hi bolletje! welcome to AC,i hope you enjoy it here,i think its the best autism forum on the internet;ive been around them for 14+ years,some have awful pessamistic communities where people make out autism of any level to be a tragedy or illness that needs fixing.
im LFA but i likely share some of your traits/issues/thoughts on autism to.

Welcome aboard! :)
I am glad you have joined the community, and appreciate your contributions.
Best wishes
IMG_3974.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom