• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Announcing a new owner and the future of AspiesCentral

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Dear Aspies Central,

I want to inform you of some recent changes that have taken place here. As of now, the ownership of AspiesCentral.com has been transferred to a third party. The new owner of the forums is a guy named Brent. This will no doubt come as a surprise to many and I'm sure you will have some questions, so let me attempt to address those.

Why the change in ownership?

Firstly, I would like to make clear that I am not leaving AspiesCentral entirely. While I will still be around to preform admin and moderating duties when required, I will be mostly taking a back seat from now on. As many regular members will have already noticed, my activity levels on AC have gradually reduced throughout this year. There are various reasons for this. I have less time to dedicate to AC these days due to my primary focus being on my education and improving my social life. In addition, I am due to enter employment for the first time soon with the help of a disability charity.

My goals have been to focus on those areas and decrease the amount of time spent online - especially in forums. I am trying my best to get out into the real world. The money raised from selling AC will help me to achieve these goals and clear off my small debt - ultimately enabling me to move forward with my life outside of my computer and bedroom.

What happens to AC now?

It is important to note that no drastic changes will be made to AC due to the change of ownership. All current staff members will remain the same. The goal of both myself and Brent is to continue to grow Aspies Central into a bigger and better community. Overall the Aspies Central that we know and love will remain the same and keep on going.

What happens to AC in the future?

As stated above the intent is to keep Aspies Central growing. We will not let the forums die nor neglect them. A thread will be opened soon so that members can give feedback to myself and Brent on what can be changed or done better. All constructive criticism is welcomed.

A thank-you from myself.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community - especially those members who have been there from the beginning. I also want to thank all of our staff members for their contributions and those who donated towards the site. I am pleased to see that AC has grown into something great from how I had first imagined it would turn out.

With Regards,
Droopy

Aspies Central Admin & Founder

I wish you lots of luck Droopy xx Well done for all you have achieved and will achieve and thank you for this place you should be proud it's a wonderful forum xx

And Hello to Brent :D

Oh, Droopy, that sounds exciting! I've never really gotten to know you, but best of luck!

Hi Brent!

The little changes I've noticed, I like, like the alteration to time-stamps. So much easier for me to keep track of. :)

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, Droopy. You had done well by staring this forum, then being able to move onto your next endeavor. I would to think you have been able to help a lot of people so far, now may you be able to help more.

Thanks for the welcomes :) I look forward to hearing what you all have to so going forward and offering up some ideas of my own.

Droopy, congratulations on all you have accomplished here, and your move to the "real" world. I hope you check in once in a while to let us know how it's going. Welcome to aspiescentral Brent, and thank you for your commitment to keeping this forum going.

Droopy, congratulations on all you have accomplished here, and your move to the "real" world. I hope you check in once in a while to let us know how it's going. Welcome to aspiescentral Brent, and thank you for your commitment to keeping this forum going.

Thank you. I look forward to showing you and others what kind of ideas I have. This is a great community and I want Droopy see that he left it in the right hands :)

Keep it similar to how it is now. It's a great place, and unique: that's why we keep coming back. Let King_Oni continue his scary police job. :)

Droopy THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Creators & originators of ideas like yourself help all of us. May your path in life be good.
Welcome Brent! New energy and ideas can be good for innovation. I've done a lot of creative content, moderating, marketing of websites, theme creation & used feedback, surveys & membership recruitment on my own websites to be on the cutting edge.

May this website, the BEST on the internet prosper and grow!

Keep it similar to how it is now. It's a great place, and unique: that's why we keep coming back. Let King_Oni continue his scary police job. :)

I assume you mean the job is scary, because we all know that King_Oni is, in fact, just a great big lovable cuddly teddy-bear. :)

Only just discovered this thread lol.

It's good to know that you're working towards a better life for yourself Droopy. I wish you all the best.

And of course, welcome Brent.

Thanks everyone! The website is in safe hands and I will be around from time-to-time to help out with things.

New Threads

Top Bottom