• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An interesting web chat today...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
After I posted a photo to my Facebook, the photo itself isn't important as such

Karen: Thanks for helping me see life from a different perspective.

Me: You mean my warped mind? [wink emoji]

Karen: I have always loved your warped mind (even when I used to babysit you)! Back then you could always make me smile and you still do! You keep me on my toes! Thanks James

[I'm 49 now, at this point today my curiosity led me to message her, since I didn't immediately recognize her last name, when she told me her maiden name I at least recognized that]

Now in Facebook chat/messenger, select relevant conversations, not everything...

Me: As I got into my adult years I have self described myself as eccentric, I tend to follow my own road, I don't tend to be conformist kind of person

Karen: no worries! I still love you and still love seeing your work. Only wish I could have shown it to my dad. He would have been very proud of you. Just like I am!

Me: Would it surprise if I said I am diagnosed as Asperger's, not that you really know me, high functioning, I can work fine and live life fine but on occasion have some foibles, don't we all anyway?

Karen: You're a great brother! [reference to my sister] I know you better than you think. I'm touched that you would tell me after all these years. Thank you

Me: I only officially found that out in June last year, had a suspicion prior to that, only pursued a diagnosis after I lost my job

Karen: You are amazing! I used to call you my little Einstein! You always kept me on my toes. My dad used to love talking with you about anything and everything. He used to say that he had more fun talking with you than a lot of the adults at Foothills! [a church]

Me: I actually have very few memories of Foothills [the church they went to], as I moved with mom and dad to Crescent Height Baptist late 1970's, while all my older siblings stayed on there

Karen: You left your mark on Foothills! [reference to the church again, I only attended this church for about five years up to age 8, again have zero memories]

Now I'm almost curious to get together with her, I don't have any specific memories of her other than the family name, might learn a few things about my early life...

Last edited:
Some people are like that. I always feel blessed to have known a few. But, I know what you mean about memory failure concerning people you may have met before.

Some people are like that. I always feel blessed to have known a few. But, I know what you mean about memory failure concerning people you may have met before.

It was more her comments about me and some of that early life that was of interest to me, in a good way I think based on what you see

Interesting to get a reflection of yourself from someone who knew you all these years ago.
Definitely worth following up on

Interesting to get a reflection of yourself from someone who knew you all these years ago.
Definitely worth following up on

And insights I've never had from my own family members, not that there is any great family rift, they probably never thought of saying it... And even this conversation happened rather organically, I just followed up private text out of curiosity...

New Threads

Top Bottom