• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An interesting evening...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Went to a poetry reading, a reading series I attend quite often... The theme was poets with disabilities... Mental illness, a friend with MS, and a young lady in a wheelchair, but... One of her other conditions was also that she is autistic! She freely talked about it in her poetry

I had to talk to her after the performance was over! I have never even met her before tonight, we had a good chat, also along with one of my poet friends whose son (8 years old) has been diagnosed...

I hope to stay in contact with her, just to network, she is in a relationship anyway

And the opening line from one of the poets who has mental illness, just before he performed... "It's okay, just to be me", and you could tell that line comes from many years of personal experience

It's nice to make connections like that Sherlock, glad you managed to talk to someone with similar concerns. It's actually quite rare.

New Threads

Top Bottom