• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An Incessant Urge to Sleep after Eating a lot of Food

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
1. I wake up with the biggest crater in my stomach.
2. My mother cooks a king's feast of food for dinner, usually some kind of chunky meat.
3. I gorge myself.
4. I feel an overwhelming sense of sloth.
5. I go to bed and fall out.

I feel like a fatarse doing this and also kinda lazy. I hope this doesn't make me a bad person somehow.

Since you know you will be having a big meal, try to include an exercise period in your day. Drink plenty of water. This can help too.

thats just what happens when your digestive system has a lot to work through animals do the same in the afternoon after they've stuffed themselves through t the morning
if you want to do more eat more smaller meals with more energy value.

Are you still growing? Are you in that age range? Teenagers can consume the fridge contents in under 30 mins. Otherwise you are eating emotions maybe? Like l don't want to deal with my life right now, but this pizza and steak sandwich make me happy and l am able to block and repress those emotions.

If I eat a meal somewhere around noon, it makes me very sleepy. It seems like this has gotten worse as I get older. Oh well, these midafternoon naps are nice and I enjoy them.

Are you still growing? Are you in that age range? Teenagers can consume the fridge contents in under 30 mins. Otherwise you are eating emotions maybe? Like l don't want to deal with my life right now, but this pizza and steak sandwich make me happy and l am able to block and repress those emotions.
I'm 23...

If I eat a meal somewhere around noon, it makes me very sleepy. It seems like this has gotten worse as I get older. Oh well, these midafternoon naps are nice and I enjoy them.

Come to find dogs and cats are on to something with their napping.

If you have a "crater" in your stomach, as you put it, are you super hungry? If you are extremely hungry, you are more likely to overeat/binge eat to compensate for missed meals. Take note when you first start feeling hunger pangs, and eat when you are quite hungry, but not starving. This way, you won't have the instinct to over eat. I hope this helps!

Also, I'd guess that you are sleepy after eating because your body has been overwhelmed with a large quantity of food to digest all at once, and that takes energy from you, making you tired.

1. I wake up with the biggest crater in my stomach.
2. My mother cooks a king's feast of food for dinner, usually some kind of chunky meat.
3. I gorge myself.
4. I feel an overwhelming sense of sloth.
5. I go to bed and fall out.

I feel like a fatarse doing this and also kinda lazy. I hope this doesn't make me a bad person somehow.
possible! Trigger! coming !
its a natural sedative ,your body sedates you so you dont die from gluttony ,If you didnt have that capacity ,you would have prader Willi syndrome(human is born with no capacity to interpret when your Stomach is full-humans that don’t have this capacity, can eat till the food comes up into the throat and out of the mouth and choke to death ,in some !!!!!!!!cases.

It is natural for the body to feel sleepy after a large meal as all it's effort is going into the digestive
process.
I used to eat large dinners that my Mom cooked too.
Then I was relaxed for the evening.

Now I get sleepy after lunch since I am older and nap if I have the time.
Yeah, at a certain age naps seem to become a necessity instead of a luxery.

Maybe the OP is deficient in things like Niacin, Melatonin and Serotonin. Making them more vulnerable to sleep-inducing substances like Tryptophan. An essential amino acid, but one that can make you sleepy having ingested any number of common foods.

An issue that seems to pop up every year around Thanksgiving. ;)

Maybe the OP is deficient in things like Niacin, Melatonin and Serotonin. Making them more vulnerable to sleep-inducing substances like Tryptophan. An essential amino acid, but one that can make you sleepy having ingested any number of common foods.

An issue that seems to pop up every year around Thanksgiving. ;)
Niacin....I feel like that's something I'm not getting enough of.

High cacao value dark chocolate (which can be cooking choc, not necessarily confectionary) has a nice amount of niacin and tastes good too!

High cacao value dark chocolate (which can be cooking choc, not necessarily confectionary) has a nice amount of niacin and tastes good too!
I KNEW SOME KIND OF CHOCOLATE WAS GOOD FOR SOMETHING IN THIS WORLD

Before going to bed a large feast will be bad for your health. So you can get diabetes or gastritis or something.

Before going to bed a large feast will be bad for your health. So you can get diabetes or gastritis or something.

So I might end up like this poor fellow?
173869-germ-crazy-atari-st-screenshot-my-patient-is-in-bad-bad-shape.png

New Threads

Top Bottom