• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An actual event!

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Our city is having a street event over three weekends with some light installations, weekend #1 was essentially bone chilling cold, it happened I didn't go, doubt many other people did either, weekend #2 (this one) is warmer again and I went...
It wasn't too crowded but busy enough, with mask use encouraged, and quite a few people taking it in...
One of the best days of this past year, the thrill of the "hunt", just being in a decently large crowd, enjoying the lights, and (ahem) attempting photography, it isn't easy doing something like this at night but I had fun! Made me realize how much I miss events, since March last year when everything shut down...

Two photos:

Chinook Blast 04.jpg

Chinook Blast 05.jpg

Gosh an actual event... That's rare these days. It looks like it worked quite well for social distancing. Great photos!

Gosh an actual event... That's rare these days. It looks like it worked quite well for social distancing. Great photos!

I could have done better, not easy doing night photography, quite difficult actually, but it was a great evening, I believe I'll try again tomorrow night :)

I’m happy you got to go to an event and engage in your passion, even if you’re not happy with the results. I’m happy for you, dammit ;)

I think they look very nice.
The two statues in the second one aren't wearing their masks!
They go around putting masks on statues around here. :rolleyes:

Whoop-Whoop :D

If I'm not mistaken, weren't you saying how much you missed social events on Mia's Covid19 thread?

You also hoped I was wrong with my gloomy prediction about the future?

I've never been more pleased to be wrong :)
Glad to read you enjoyed the event.

Whoop-Whoop :D

If I'm not mistaken, weren't you saying how much you missed social events on Mia's Covid19 thread?

You also hoped I was wrong with my gloomy prediction about the future?

I've never been more pleased to be wrong :)
Glad to read you enjoyed the event.

Yup, I wasn't quite sure what this would be like, I'm planning to go back tonight as well

Over the past year there have been lots of drive through events, but to walk the street with other people was something else... And I could see in people's faces (I mean eyes) that they were enjoying themselves...

Last edited:
I’m very glad you got to enjoy an event like that which had social distancing in it! It’s rare I see things like that posted and those pictures look good with people wearing masks in them too.

You all deserve medals for going out in that cold weather. And you captured the snowmen unless those are real people in those pics. haha

Not sure why, but I think I like this photo, another example of how tricky night photography is when combined with light displays, and perhaps happy surprises?

Chinook Blast 07.jpg

The man in the fur coat certainly knows his modeling pose! And the guy on the right side of the photo
looks like he is trying to do Tai Chi.
It is interesting to see what the camera catches that they eye might not!

Events like this are a testament to the human ability to see adversity as a creative challenge. The essence of mental health!

New Threads

Top Bottom