• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Amazon Removes More Books Peddling Autism ‘Cures’

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
[Obviously not written by me]

Amazon Removes More Books Peddling Autism ‘Cures’
———————————————​
For the second time this year, online retail giant Amazon says it has pulled multiple books from its site that claim to offer cures for autism and other conditions.

Amazon confirmed that it removed listings for “several” books from its site touting chlorine dioxide, also known as Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS, as a remedy.

The Food and Drug Administration has indicated that there is no cure for autism and cited MMS among a number of supposed treatments for the developmental disorder that “carry significant health risks.”

Amazon did not specify which books it removed but NBC News reports that “MMS Health Recovery Guidebook,” “Introducing MMS” and “Forbidden Health” were among them. A search for the titles indicates that they are no longer available on the retailer’s website.

Nonetheless, a search for “autism cure” still returns hundreds of results on Amazon.

Earlier this year, the company yanked two other books promoting cures for autism.

An Amazon spokeswoman would not comment on why the listings were taken down and did not say if additional titles might be removed.

Research suggests that up to 10 percent of parents of children with autism “may be using a potentially dangerous treatment,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
———————————————​
My thoughts: MMS, or Miracle Mineral Solution, is a Chlorine Dioxide compound (that's right, it's a bleach!) created by a man named Jim Humble. It's pseudoscientific origins most definitely raises a red flag, as well. The parents who believe this crap would "cure" their Autistic child normally inject it anally into said child. This will not only cause extreme pain, but also lead to SEVERAL harmful and negative side effects (will not list them out of consideration of those who currently have a meal in their stomach), and eventually and inevitably, kill the child.

I want this to be banned. This isn't a "treatment" at all! This is just straight-up a tool of genocide, whether it be accidental or not. Autism $peak$ has also supported MMS in the past, and, if rumors are true, some A$ members still recommend it to vulnerable, impressionable, and close-minded parents of Autistic children.

Yeah, sure. MMS can cure anything. By killing everybody that takes it . . .

I only just read about MMS the other day. In the article I read, the "mastermind" behind it admitted to deliberately targeting countries without much drug regulation so he could get his poison through and sold to kids. Absolutely appalling. Rare good news about Amazon that they're pulling these books.

Amazon is forced to play whack-a-mole with this sort of thing, but at least they're trying. MMS is not Clorox-type bleach, it's the type of bleach used to turn wood chippings into paper. The white color of paper is made possible by this type of bleach. IOW it's industrial level bleach. Kids are given this and they literally poop out their intestinal lining, and the lining is called "intestinal worms" that supposedly cause autism. The scammer behind it has claimed to be a billion year old god from the Andromeda Galaxy, among other crazy stuff.

The really scary part is parents who would rather see their kids die horribly than live lives as autistics. Yes, sometimes autistics can be tough to handle, especially the really extreme ones who are destructive, but those are a small slice of the spectrum, which is why autism is a spectrum.

People seem to think that any deviation from a narrow "normal" has to be wiped out at all costs. Maybe it's a function of a general societal decline that is resulting in children living lives with a lower standard of living than their parents, and desperate parents trying to dodge the freight train by any means necessary. If a lower standard of living means the end of extreme consumerism and a return to a simpler life, sign me up.

Why does there need to be a “cure” for autism?! Can’t we just celebrate people’s different way of thinking and support each other? Instead of trying to make some changes to help your children, parents would rather possibly kill their children with a harmful chemical. I know I would never use anything to cure myself, ASD is what makes me me and my family loves me either way.

Why does there need to be a “cure” for autism?! Can’t we just celebrate people’s different way of thinking and support each other? Instead of trying to make some changes to help your children, parents would rather possibly kill their children with a harmful chemical. I know I would never use anything to cure myself, ASD is what makes me me and my family loves me either way.
I have absolutely no idea why people think there needs to be a cure for Autism. It sickens me. Ugh.

Amazon is forced to play whack-a-mole with this sort of thing, but at least they're trying. MMS is not Clorox-type bleach, it's the type of bleach used to turn wood chippings into paper. The white color of paper is made possible by this type of bleach. IOW it's industrial level bleach. Kids are given this and they literally poop out their intestinal lining, and the lining is called "intestinal worms" that supposedly cause autism. The scammer behind it has claimed to be a billion year old god from the Andromeda Galaxy, among other crazy stuff.
If you excscuse me now, I have to purge the contents of my stomach.

Okay, that's terrible. Just WHY!? This is awful! This is just going to slowly kill the child. Again, whether accidental or not, MMS is intended as a tool of genocide. It's sickening!

I heard that some people even use it on their pets. Which is even MORE evil!
The really scary part is parents who would rather see their kids die horribly than live lives as autistics. Yes, sometimes autistics can be tough to handle, especially the really extreme ones who are destructive, but those are a small slice of the spectrum, which is why autism is a spectrum.
It infuriates me how some parents refuse to believe that they should (and must) accept their kids as they are. Autism isn't the problem. These stupid parents are the problem. They don't care about their Autistic child living a happy life. All they care about is either "fixing" or killing the child in some way. It's disgusting!
People seem to think that any deviation from a narrow "normal" has to be wiped out at all costs. Maybe it's a function of a general societal decline that is resulting in children living lives with a lower standard of living than their parents, and desperate parents trying to dodge the freight train by any means necessary. If a lower standard of living means the end of extreme consumerism and a return to a simpler life, sign me up.
I agree. I would love to have it. In fact, why can't we just create a modern rendition of a hunter-gatherer society where survival is largely group-based? Also, I bet the types of parents would be the type of person that'd have no clue how to function in such a setting, which will most likely eliminate a good-sized chunk of competition extremely quickly. Meanwhile, I'd just be sitting on my stockpile of weapons, ammo, and deer meat while watching their confusion. Why can't we go back to that type of life and society?

I personally already own some "off grid" land and plan to move there hopefully within a couple years. The area is still considered part of the state of California by the feds, although I refer to the area by the colloquial name Jefferson, common among locals. State law says that any building smaller than 10 x 12 (feet) does not need a building permit. The solution? A 10 x 11 building, of course. Simply buy it from a shed company over the state line in Oregon (thus saving several hundred dollars in sales tax) and finish it inside by myself. The area has oak trees and acorns are very edible. Then, some chickens and turkeys, a little potato garden, and fish from the nearby river, also a source of water, along with rain.

Every time somebody flips me off in traffic, argues with me for not seeing things their way, I want to leave humanity far behind and be a hermit. I have seen society go way down during my lifetime. Everybody hates everybody else. Rumors fly that people are stocking up on guns and ammo for a final collapse of the govt thus allowing for the ultimate settling of scores. White Nationalists have long talked of "The Day Of The Rope", when all "race traitors" are lynched from every streetlight.

As for your sig line, it reminds me of a saying among the Mexican narcotraficantes, or cartel men: Better a king for one year than a donkey for 100. In Mexican Spanish, the word "guey" ("donkey" or sometimes "ox") means a loser or a coward.

I honestly don't see why they didn't just delete theme all off of their site at once.

Sometimes there is a very fine line between satisfying political correctness and marketing savvy.

Then consider a reasonable analogy. Those products on the market which are not under the scrutiny of the Food and Drug Administration. Various products making claims that have never been formally tested.
Yet law- and society permits their place in the market.

Public sentiment is one thing. Legal compliance and all its complications is another. It's in a "grey area" much like how Facebook is conducting censorship. Consequently it's best to implement such policies in an incremental manner. Even those products to amount to "snake oil" and little else.

Broad regulation of the Internet is still regarded as being in a fledgling stage. What I'd call "Dodge City". With incredibly complex things to consider given all the different legal and political jurisdictions involved. At least in a number of cases they seem to be moving in the right direction, though at a snail's pace.

Last edited:
Sometimes there is a very fine line between satisfying political correctness and marketing savvy.

Then consider a reasonable analogy. Those products on the market which are not under the scrutiny of the Food and Drug Administration. Various products making claims that have never been formally tested.
Yet law- and society permits their place in the market.

Public sentiment is one thing. Legal compliance and all its complications is another. It's in a "grey area" much like how Facebook is conducting censorship. Consequently it's best to implement such policies in an incremental manner. Even those products to amount to "snake oil" and little else.

Broad regulation of the Internet is still regarded as being in a fledgling stage. With incredibly complex things to consider given all the different legal and political jurisdictions involved.
I honestly believe a site's admins should find better ways to self-regulate their own sites so that the government doesn't have to do it for them. Just like how this site's mods are working hard to make sure everybody enjoys being here.

I honestly believe a site's admins should find better ways to self-regulate their own sites so that the government doesn't have to do it for them. Just like how this site's mods are working hard to make sure everybody enjoys being here.

These aren't issues for mere site administrators, but rather their legal counsel.

And of course depending on the site's main function in question, they may not even have any formal legal counsel. Though in the coming times IMO it would be prudent for most any host to have one on retainer. Which ain't cheap. ;)

In the case of this particular site, it offers no services, products, or warranties and is relatively protected under the legal umbrella of being a social organization. A "club" with formal members. A very tidy way of skirting all kinds of civil legal requirements that might otherwise apply.

Though it must still potentially contend with the weight of public sentiment which can ebb and flow. But how they choose or not to deal with such things is still theirs alone to consider.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom