• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Amazon eliminates minimum purchase for Free Prime One-Day Shipping in the United States

Pink Jazz

It looks like Amazon this week has eliminated its minimum purchase requirement for Free One-Day Shipping for Prime members. I recently ordered three items and I didn't have to spend over $35 to get Free One-Day Shipping.

Note that the minimum purchase is still required for Free Same-Day Delivery, and you still have to pay extra for One-Day shipping for items that are located in more distant fulfillment centers that have to ship by air to meet the one-day guarantee. Also, cutoff times vary by item.

I never even knew there was one!
Thanks!

For Prime members, the main benefit was free Two-Day shipping, for free Same-Day or One-Day shipping you had to spend over $35 worth of qualifying items (if either are available in your area). It looks like Amazon has eliminated the minimum purchase requirement for the latter.

I think the reason is because many competitors are now offering free two-day shipping without a membership (although most usually have a minimum purchase), Amazon is now stepping up the game to increase the value of its Prime memberships.

I wonder though, this could put a lot of One-Day demand on Amazon Logistics, putting more of the Two-Day orders to USPS, UPS, FedEx, and other smaller carriers (my only recent Two-Day order shipped via USPS).

Last edited:
Looks like Walmart has now followed suit, but the catch is that it is only for items from the nearest fulfillment center and the $35 minimum still applies. In fact, it was previously reported that Walmart displays items that cannot be shipped by ground in two days as "out of stock" even though they actually aren't. Also, stores will not be utilized for most one-day orders, only for same-day delivery and same-day pickup.

New Threads

Top Bottom