• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am old man

Wolfgangus Faldestolius

Little notes from an armchair
Hi. Am old man (single) in UK. Delighted to make the best of my specific learning differences since my 40s. I subconsciously did so in childhood but was schooled out of it for a while till a workplace coach (who we were lucky to have) told me how to get back to it.

upload_2020-4-1_10-54-40.png

Hi and welcome. 65 isn't old. Glad to hear you are focussing on the positives. I hope that you enjoy it here, this is a friendly place with interesting threads and resources.

:whale::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::spiralshell::dolphin::spiralshell::fish::spiralshell::tropicalfish:

Welcome Wolfgangus!

What exactly are your specific learning differences if I may ask?

Hi. Am old man (single) in UK. Delighted to make the best of my specific learning differences since my 40s. I subconsciously did so in childhood but was schooled out of it for a while till a workplace coach (who we were lucky to have) told me how to get back to it.
Welcome to the Forums Wolfgangus!

I am intrigued by your handle - Wolfgang I get but the second word is unclear to me.

Welcome Wolfgangus!

What exactly are your specific learning differences if I may ask?

I suddenly happened across a whole load of literature. I found I am slight aspie, rather dyspraxic with ADD (originally inattentive), masked * dyslexia (I had very strange reading method). These things were written up by diagnostic teachers, EPs and the like (not doctors) and were accepted by the people most important to me.

* Masked by words being one of my myriad "special" interests.

Sounds intriguing. What does masked by words mean, you hide behind your words? Sorry if l didn't understand. Welcome to the forums.

I mentioned this under learning disabilities. Words being one of my many special interests, has masked the typical literacy problems of dyslexia so I am left with the visual and organisational ones. I pick a page at random and instead of following lines, spiral outwards then do the same on another page (not necessarily contiguous). Or more recently read the chapters in reverse order. Good for spatial thinking! (Improves some books no end.) Am usually in about 20 books at once :)

Welcome Wolfgangus! Your reading methods are interesting.

I mentioned this under learning disabilities. Words being one of my many special interests, has masked the typical literacy problems of dyslexia so I am left with the visual and organisational ones. I pick a page at random and instead of following lines, spiral outwards then do the same on another page (not necessarily contiguous). Or more recently read the chapters in reverse order. Good for spatial thinking! (Improves some books no end.) Am usually in about 20 books at once :)

It makes sense to me for some types of books. Sometimes l start anywhere, then based on that, l will read a book.

That sounds fascinating! I think I've got to try it for myself, I was just looking for something new but not instantly gratifying to do for my weekend dopamine detox.

Welcome Wolfgangus Faldestolius!

There are quite a lot of folks here around your age, so don't worry about that.
I'm 63, single, never married and currently houseshare with another seniour.

New Threads

Top Bottom