• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shaun-Junior Bishop

This is not a post that is negatively themed, i have just gone my whole life not understanding the hidden body language in society like nearly everyone on this forum and i have always wondered if anyone found me attractive and if i am just missing the signs maybe.. i have had no luck on dating apps, i don't think they are helpful for people on the spectrum.

Ive put a picture of myself below, i am really confused what girls want. I have never been told by a female that i am attract other than the two girlfriends i have had.

Attachments

• instasize_190905171854.png
    instasize_190905171854.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191118_075617.png
    20191118_075617.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • instasize_191028084302.png
    instasize_191028084302.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
Idk, I didn't look. But I bet you will look just fabulous if you subscribe to a popular Beauty Blogger.

blog.jpg

6ba4f6579514da70c613c4aad5eb78fb--face-photography-wildlife-photography.jpg

Your natural face is appealing. I like your smiles!

But if these are the types of pictures you post on dating sites, I'm not surprised you get no traction. The shot of your torso is a no-no, in that it's obviously a bathroom mirror selfie. The other two appear to be selfies also. Get someone to take photos of you in a more natural pose (i.e., not holding up a camera). Demonstrate your trim torso with a whole-body shot - taken by someone else - possibly standing by a meaningful prop such as a nice car, a surfboard, bicycle, whatever applies to you.

None of this advice is novel or proprietary. There's loads of advice out on the Internet on how to get good pics on your dating profile. Read up on it.

No p**** pics please! Those just earn an "uggghh."

This is not a post that is negatively themed, i have just gone my whole life not understanding the hidden body language in society like nearly everyone on this forum and i have always wondered if anyone found me attractive and if i am just missing the signs maybe.. i have had no luck on dating apps, i don't think they are helpful for people on the spectrum.

Ive put a picture of myself below, i am really confused what girls want. I have never been told by a female that i am attract other than the two girlfriends i have had.
Hi, I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have seen people who weren't what I call attractive but their personality attracts you. I am not an Aspie (my son is) my son is very attractive, he cannot go anywhere without someone saying how good looking he is, yet he does not have a girlfriend, he is 31 now! It is very hard for him to communicate with most people and I think that does hold him back. He did have a long distance girlfriend who they would get together occasionally but she went and moved in with another guy and stopped talking to him. He would have done anything for her and she broke his heart. I, not being an Aspie, can read body language very well. Things that attract me to someone are of course personality, kindness, willing to do as much for me as I do for them... the way you carry yourself, positive, happy people I am attracted too since I don't really even look at how handsome they are. I don't think my husband is extremely good looking but he makes me happy and makes me laugh all the time, he is easy to talk to and doesn't get mad no matter what I do. Looks are overrated in my opinion. Sometimes the best looking people don't get dates because people are afraid to ask them out for fear of rejection because they don't think they are good enough for them. I have had people tell me they always wanted to ask me out but were afraid that I wouldn't think they were good enough for me. I never really considered myself good looking or that I was too good for anyone, but reactions to me told me that at least people were attracted to me. I didn't think I was ugly either just in the middle somewhere. So my question to you then how is your personality? Because I think you have good looks. Just like me I think we are not the extreme for good looks but we are not on the opposite side either... somewhere in the middle. Which is a good place to be in my opinion.

Update: i have trouble taking photos of myself and feel too uncomfortable people taking a photo of me
Thats why all the pictures are selfies. I really struggle to show natursl body language in pictures and the pressure is just too much for me.

Any advice anyone?

Update: i have trouble taking photos of myself and feel too uncomfortable people taking a photo of me
Thats why all the pictures are selfies. I really struggle to show natursl body language in pictures and the pressure is just too much for me.

Any advice anyone?
Ask yourself, do I really want to succeed at this dating thing? If yes ... am I going to let my discomfort with photographs be the thing that stops me?

Of course, you have already decided dating apps are not good places for autistic people to meet. I met my husband of 10 years on Plenty of Fish, and I'm autistic; my autistic daughter met her long-term boyfriend on OKCupid .... but maybe we're the exceptions.

What about putting the camera on a table or a cupboard with a self-timer? Or just asking a tourist to take a photo when you're in the city centre?

New Threads

Top Bottom