• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aluminum foil cut as opposed to a paper cut

RESleight

So... I accidentally cut my finger with Aluminum foil.
It happened not long ago in the kitchen and it was weird because I'm so accustomed to a typical paper cut.

Oh just that all throughout my life, like many people every so often, when working with paper I would get paper cuts. This was just the first time I've ever gotten an aluminum foil cut. So it was strange.

No immediate bleeding. But upon contact with the foil, there was that typical stinging sensation from the fine slice. I noticed a very small amount of blood a bit later and tended to it.

Aluminum foil cut.... :expressionless:

Ouch! :eek::oops::( I've done something similar - I've cut my finger on the foil wrapper on top of a wine bottle while trying to remove it so I could insert the corkscrew in the cork. I'm pretty sure those wrappers are a heavy grade of aluminum foil. The cut seemed wider and more ragged and took a little longer to heal than a paper cut.

I've cut my finger on the foil wrapper on top of a wine bottle while trying to remove it so I could insert the corkscrew in the cork. I'm pretty sure those wrappers are a heavy grade of aluminum foil.

I know that type of foil. It is kind of heavy now that I think about it. See it alot with red wine bottles. That's never happened to me, yet... These types of cuts are very, sneaky. So you never know.

Yes I ve never done that yet, surprisingly, as I am rather prone to paper cuts. I did cut myself on a plastic packing edge recently, that was surprisingly sharp.

I did cut myself on a plastic packing edge recently, that was surprisingly sharp.

Yup. That stuff can be pretty dangerous and can vary in sharpness depending on how it was opened. That's happened to me as well. It's especially risky when you are very excited to open something with such packaging material, and you end up doing so haphazardly. Ripping it open, cutting it to start. Stuff like that.

What I get cuts on besides paper is typically thin pieces of cardboard, like what they make Manila folders out of. And I’m always very nervous when retracting a metal measuring tape because one time when I was a kid I didn’t get my hand out of the way in time and got a cut from that. Ouch!

And I’m always very nervous when retracting a metal measuring tape because one time when I was a kid I didn’t get my hand out of the way in time and got a cut from that. Ouch!

Felt the same when having to work with metallic measuring tape. It almost feels as if one is working with a giant flexible, retractable, razor blade or something. I've always thought how easily one could cut themselves on it. Especially when it's under a certain degree of pressure from the locking switch. Never felt completely comfortable working with the metallic type either.

Also cut myself on those manila file folders and even construction paper...

You must explain! I have so many images in my head!

It's very simple, really.

Crack biscuit in half.

Get cut by jagged edge. Bleed.

.....That's it.

I'd love to say that there's some wild story involving penguins and a disco ball or something, but.... nope. That sort of thing only happens when I'm at conventions. For this story, it's just snap it in half and then bleed.

And then of course there's yelling incoherent angry gibberish afterwards.

The funny part though was when I threw the thing away (because there was blood on it). My very excited dog reacted as if I'd just destroyed the Ultimate Treat of legend. As if I couldnt just get more out of the box.

Crack biscuit in half.

.....That's it.

I'd love to say that there's some wild story involving penguins and a disco ball or something, but.... nope. That sort of thing only happens when I'm at conventions. For this story, it's just snap it in half and then bleed.

The funny part though was when I threw the thing away (because there was blood on it). My very excited dog reacted as if I'd just destroyed the Ultimate Treat of legend. As if I couldnt just get more out of the box.
That is so unique. I have never heard of anyone getting a dog-biscuit cut. Good thing he did not get the one with the blood on it.

Crack biscuit in half.

.....That's it.

Thinking it was a stale box of biscuits that you bought.

That is so unique. I have never heard of anyone getting a dog-biscuit cut. Good thing he did not get the one with the blood on it.

The good thing was that I actually NOTICED.

Often when I get cut by something, I dont notice.

Like, there was one time when I was at a friend's house, playing some game or other, right. And during this, he looks over at me, glances down, and then: "Dude! Dude! What the heck!" and he's pointing.

And I look down at my hand, which is all bloody for what seemed like no apparent reason, and my reaction was: "When did that happen?"

It was worse when I had cats. I'd get unnoticed cuts all the bloody time. Particularly since the big one tended to "miss" when trying to jump onto my lap, and when cats do that they try to grab on. Very affectionate. Very inaccurate.

Oh just that all throughout my life, like many people every so often, when working with paper I would get paper cuts. This was just the first time I've ever gotten an aluminum foil cut. So it was strange.

No immediate bleeding. But upon contact with the foil, there was that typical stinging sensation from the fine slice. I noticed a very small amount of blood a bit later and tended to it.

Aluminum foil cut.... :expressionless:

Good thing it wasn't tin foil. I know about someone who got cut by tin foil and it caused some serious side effects:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91A4sbI2bBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I got a cut by foil once and it stung more than a regular paper cut. I didn't know paper cuts could be any worse. :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom