• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vindicator Phoenix

She/her pronouns
V.I.P Member
A sesquipedalian's game! A logophile's dream!

Beginning with the letter 'A,' each person posts a word that begins with the letter alphabetically following the first letter of the previous poster's word. If someone's word begins with 'Z,' the next person will post a word beginning with 'A.' Each word must contain 10 or more letters. There's no limit to how long a word can be, but if it's a chemistry term containing thousands of letters, I'd recommend omitting it.

A few free online dictionaries, specializing in rare words, include: The Phrontistery, the Grandiloquent Dictionary, and Luciferous Logolepsy; the third can be tedious to use, though. Within their pages, you may find a word to post, and enjoy its useful or goofy definition. In fact, I know the Grandiloquent Dictionary Third Edition and The Phrontistery to each contain at least one 10-or-more letter word, for every starting letter.

I'll allow word repeats, since: 1) it may prove difficult to find many long words, for a given starting letter, and 2) No one should have to squander their life scouring this thread's pages for potential duplicates. However, adding unprecedented words will diversify our game.

Here's an example of a sequence:

Person 23: Wonderland
Person 24: Xenophilia
Person 25:
Yellowhammers
Person 26: Zinciferous
Person 27: Adjudicate
Person 28: Belligerently

PS: If you love words, as I do, OneLook Reverse Dictionary will tell you, if there exists a word, for a given meaning that you enter.
For example, entering "fear of school" will return "scolionophobia." You won't be guaranteed to get a perfect word match, for every entry (so keep your entries simple and not too specific, to optimize results), but it's a neat website that may surprise you. If you find yourself asking, "Is there a word for that," pair OneLook Reverse with a thesaurus, and you may uncover treasure.

OneLook Reverse Dictionary can also help you, in this game. Try typing "a????" into its search bar; you'll receive 5-letter words that begin with 'A.' Want 11-letter words, beginning with 'A?' Search "a??????????" Want more results, per entry? Press Enter, after typing the string.

Enough of my prolixity! My word is:

Acrimonious

New Threads

Top Bottom