• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alone

Gummi27

V.I.P Member
I'm just gonna rant if that is okay?

Integral to what I would consider an enjoyable existence, is privacy. I can complete all kinds of tasks and activities without outside intervention. If I make a mistake, that's my responsibility. If I get upset with something, that's mine as well. No interruptions, no interjections.

And yet, as comforting as this is, I can tell a big part of my personality, is having someone to share some of these moments with. Happy ones. Though, notedly my behavior has drawn a hard line between me and a someone recently. And I honestly, rather had not spent time with someone at all, if I wasn't going to behave in a tolerable manner.

I don't handle change very well, at all. (I can just hear my neurotypical friends saying "I, as well!) And I went through several big changes at once. First, I lost the support from my family, as they had to move for work, a move I was supposed to make with them, but instead was given short notice to find a place for me and my two cats, my best friend of 15 years dumped me suddenly without discussion, I had started a new relationship and quickly became obsessed with them, and my cat of 9 years died a violent death in my arms, in the middle of my room (I didnt eat for weeks after that). Oh and I got diagnosed right after, so I was reprocessing my whole life, my past especially.

I would say, under normal circumstances I only deal a little damage in misunderstandings, especially since I struggle with saying what I mean versus what I think I am supposed to say. But I was very surprised at how my behavior started to seem like it wasn't me at all, I was dealing damage left and right, and no matter how much I wanted to stop, I couldnt pin down the point in my thinking that would cause it. Normally at the beginning of a relationship I enjoy the meshing of minds. But my mind was somewhere else. I was scared of everything, and paranoid. I was having blind meltdowns, and my impulse control? Say goodbye to that. I take full responsibility for my behavior. But it's still true that I simply wasn't being my usual self.

TLDR - Now I am in this house, living with the person I essentially pushed away with my sadness. Still reeling from this past summer. It's been 2 months since they dumped me, and I am still obsessed with them. And so frustrated with myself I could burst. Does this mean I don't have character, I wonder to myself. Am I a bad person? I upset and disappoint the people I care about. Am I lazy? I can't even make a doctor's appointment. Should I protect others by remaining alone? The pain of losing someone by my own doing is nearly unbearable at this point.

I'm still going through the motions, I'm not giving up. But I feel so alone, and I think an even lonelier feeling is knowing that I would leave me too if I could. I feel like I didnt just cause the break up, but everything else. Like I could have prevented everything by just being normal. It hurts. How do I make this place stop hurting?

A lot of what you said sounds like me. I would leave myself too if I could. I hurt and I can’t stop. I need things to get better but I don’t know how. Every day is like Groundhog Day. I cry or fight back the tears all the time. It’s no life and I fear I’m making those I love unhappy too. I don’t know the answer I’m afraid. I’m sorry you are struggling and I can only hope that somehow or another things can and will get better for you. I like to think with me, that I haven’t always felt like this, I have had happier times so by rights it could happen again. I hope it’s just a passing phase. Something that I can look back and reflect on and learn from one day. I wish you all the best. I could say that you are not alone in feeling this way but sadly it doesn’t make anyone feel any better because we wouldn’t wish this on our worst enemy. X

I am sorry you had to endure all that. I have had terrible things to endure, too. But I took a chain saw to my connection to the world and severed it.

Now I feel more peace than ever.

I like my curtain on the world. It's awesome and it's soft and it's comforting and it's beautifully woven with things I like.

I understand; I've always been a fairly lonesome person, and have had very few friends IRL but that's mainly because I'm a Social Hermit who likes to keep to myself for the most part, but I do go out and play Magic the Gathering and did play Warhammer 40k with some old friends when I was still able to, along w/ D&D with an old group

Thank you for sharing your experiences and relating to me.

The couple days since this post, I had a few dark moments but also stayed active; trying to get my mind onto the tasks on front of me, instead of being constantly looking inward.

New Threads

Top Bottom