• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member

Does anyone have this

I think I might have this I can never tell how I’m feeling I’m just basically in the moment all the time

It’s very difficult for me to explain things in detail as well as to describe feelings

And my memory is pretty bad

Most of the time I get only talk or even typing sometimes I can only get type in simple words or phrases

It takes a lot of work just to create one post unless I’m really I guess hyper focused

Maybe this is part of why I have problems at times

I recommend this book...
Emotionally Dumb: An Overview of Alexithymia Paperback – July 1, 2009
by Jason Thompson (Author)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1521957746/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found it to be a bit clinical/technical/pychological when I first started reading it, but I soon got into the flow of it and was unable to put it down. It's very, very interesting. 85% of people with Aspergers have been found to have Alexithymia. It impacts so many aspects of life: Imagination, Communication, Sex, Employment, Sleep patterns.. all sort. It's definitely worth looking into, whether via this book or any other means.

For a very long time I struggled to understand what it meant to like something. I didn't realize I'm gay until age 36 and the end of a 14 year hetero relationship I was never enthusiastic about. I can't tell what my emotions are until they get extreme. My partner always picks up on what I'm feeling through my body language well before I do. Since I've started looking at my own posture and facial expressions I've been able to figure out what's going on and deal with things before it gets intense. If you get a chance this book is a more modern take on human emotions that lines up with the speech studies at least: How Emotions Are Made

New Threads

Top Bottom