• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alex84 says Hi!

Alex84

Hi,
I am Alex from Germany (there are also a lot of message Boards).
I have a long Story, which i might share later, i just want to keep Focus here first.
So, i am 36.
From childhood on, i felt extremely different from others.. I had a Hard time in school, i was described as hyperactive. I had no friends.
with 18 years i got extreme hadaches and i had to drop from job Training.
I was diagnosed with a cerebellar damage
which resembles something Like Dandy-Walker-Variant, or Some isolated Form of cerebellar underdevelopment.
I learned a new Job, Software development, which i worked in for Over ten years, then i got diagnosed with Burnout, Major depressive episode and ptbs, which i still have.
So, i got extreme problems and realised, that it always was Like this.
I tried to reach out to Some researchers:

Hello Mr X, i recently saw your article, along with many others you wrote.I am really interested in your findings.

My personal story is,

I was a little hyperactive as a child, and the older i got, i recognised that i have a different "Perspective" of sociality then others.

I often was made fun of because of atypical "singing" talking Melody, slightly Stiff or uneconomic body movement etc..

I also had major Social Problems, which i was forced to handle myself.

It really started at the age of about 8-9 years, the others left me mentally back in a way which i could not follow, Like another "degree of freedom" for a robot.

I have big Problems in remembering names as far as i remember (the face i can recognize instantly, i just cannot connect the Name to it in a proper time, Like a few days) , hyperactivity, etc..

In exchange i have a partial photograpic memory. I never really "learned" in school.

I also always had Some Paranoia, at least permanently had to force myself for keeping eyecontact to others.

I finished the school normal and started to learn a Job, but then got (more) ill.

My Main symptoms where slight swindle, strong headache, just a litle over and in Front on the left Temple, i think i already saw that this area is also in close neural Connection to the cerebellum.

I was Diagnosed, after a long journey of doctors 2002 with a Cerebellar cyst which seems to corelate with DWM.

For almost the next 18 years i was told that there is no way that i have headaches from the cyst, which also made my social Situation worse.

I have a Very hard time at the Moment and it is very hard to find someone to at least Listen to my conclusion.

I am currently Diagnosed with Major depressive episode and possible PTBS, in reality the Story of course is much longer.

I also made an IQ Test, which is somehow Strange, maybe connected to the cerebellum.

I just wanted to get your opinion about this,

I am really Looking for Someone in Germany who is Researching in this area.

I would be very happy if you know someone who might be interested in this case.

Thank you very much,

Alex84

Two Doctors already confirmed Autism, but here in germany, there is a 2 year waiting list as an adult.
Because of my background Story ( court proceedings with federal Offices, the State itself and much more, a real, real mess) , i can get an appointment in the next weeks.
I am really interested in the Cerebellum, here in germany it is almost impossible to find a doctor who knows that cerebellum is more than movement.

Here are many facts, also Autism is mentioned as possible detectable through mri.
Cerebellum 78

Here is a study, the size of cerebellum is much bigger than expected.
The human cerebellum has almost 80% of the surface area of the neocortex

From here, you can see these maps of cerebellum:
SUIT: Multi-domain task battery (MDTB)
MDTB_contrasts.png

MDTB_parcellation.png

So, and now, my picture, at the Moment i try to create the flat model.
DICOM_cs6_T1_3D_BrainVIEW_BB_0.75iso_KM_20180603094323_1001.png

And here is my RDOS test,
poly10a.png

Here you can also see that there is a possible connection (dandy walker Variant) :

In an important study by Tavano et al. (2007), the clinical picture of 27 patients with congenital malformations restricted to the cerebellum was described in detail. Seventy-four percent of these patients presented with some degree of mental retardation. Notably, patients with cerebellar vermal agenesis or diffuse cerebellar hypoplasia presented with core ASD symptoms including language deficits, social interaction impairments, and some repetitive and stereotyped behaviors. In contrast, in cases where the lesions were restricted to the cerebellar hemispheres, the disabilities were less severe. Interestingly, motor deficits in patients with lesions in the vermis were less severe than patients with lesions in the cerebellar hemispheres. Overall, abnormalities affecting the vermis translated into the least favorable long-term outcomes and the most severe impairments, including pervasive developmental disorder, mental retardation, impaired social and communicative behavior, and social withdrawal.

In adults, damage to the cerebellar vermis may be relatively rare because some of these patients likely do not survive. However, a condition known as Dandy-Walker malformation primarily affects the vermis. The pathology consists of cerebellar vermal hypoplasia with upward vermis rotation and often elevation of the torcula, an enlarged fourth ventricle which extends posteriorly as a retrocerebellar cyst, and hydrocephalus which is present in 50–80% of subjects. This condition often presents with macrocephaly in the neonatal period, and infants may come to medical attention because of hydrocephalus, developmental delay, or ataxia (Parisi and Dobyns, 2003). Apnea and seizures are seen in a significant proportion of children and about one quarter of patients with this condition die. No studies have specifically investigated the incidence of ASD in Dandy-Walker malformations. However, developmental delay and mental retardation are common but highly variable in Dandy-Walker; as noted by Parisi and Dobyns (2003), the distribution of intelligence scores appears to be bimodal, suggesting that there may be two distinct groups: those with normal cognition (47%), and those with severe impairment (IQ < 55), which represented 35% of the cohort.

Thank you all for your interest, please do not hesitate if you have any ideas, received mri or if you have any questions or comments.

Hi and welcome. It sounds like you have a condition that has given you a tough time, your introduction is very informative, thank you. I hope you will find it useful and supportive to be here.

:dolphin::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::spiralshell::whale::spiralshell::dolphin:

Welcome! It seems common for those on the spectrum when doing an IQ test to get some very uneven results.

Hi and welcome!

With all these test results you've posted, you're a good deal ahead of me!

I'm sure you'll find many helpful hands and empathic listeners/readers here.

Thanks, meanhwile i got the diagnosis Asperger's and Potential Adhs.
I was just really busy, i am struggling with some law problems.
Luckily here in Germany is at least the Chance to get Supported by the state if you are confirmed unable for any employment (and some insurance minimum time e.t.c.), which was the case a few days prior the Diagnosis. (in this time the social security Was rejected for months and this case also went to court Over 3 Times in 12 months).
I still have really big, Essential problems to solve.
Thank you all for your welcome wishes.
I will chime in more often in the future.

Hi, it has been a long time...
So here is a small update.
I lost custody of my kids, after i had to reveal the diagnosis in court .
(my son fled his mother before and was sheltered almost a year already, when is started this thread here)
First i was recommended over the mother by a psychological report form the lawcourt (90 pages), but the people refused to work with me, because 'on-topic-discussing, provocative questioning, taking things too literally and lack of eye-contact', which was the reason i revealed the diagnosis, which was then the reason to remove custody.
I filed for constitutional complaint, which was not even accepted.
The claimed reason is my communication skills, which are really limited, for example i had 10 lawyers in this lawcourt, and still have problems.
It is not lied, but the claims and decsisions are not correct and illegal.

Recently i started to study psychology online at an university, in an attempt to handle this situation.

Sorry to hear this, it seems like you need some support from an organisation that understands autism. Have you considered trying to get along with your ex and/or sharing responsibility for your child? It doesn't seem like you will win this conflict, but very likely you can have access to your child? Then you could be there for him, and ensure he is doing ok. Fighting in the courts may be a waste of your energy compared to just being there for your child and making his childhood better? He will be able to choose which parent to be with when he's older, he needs time and good experiences with you.

Like i wrote, he fled her house (after violence), and was sheltered.
She refuses any contact, as well as the diagnostic process for him, which the court suggested.
I have no contact anymore, and will not have for a long time, as it is decided.
Actually, the mother started this case, after he fled his house, and she refused to sign for school etc..

I tried all the time to get along, but the mother lied and is supported by feds.
My son begged me to not force him to return.
He will not have a chance to decide that, like the decision claimed, because my autism.
That was all under custody of us both, in which the mother was able to sign everything alone, me not.
There is no organisation which cares, i also tried involving the press.
It is already common for fathers to be treated like that in germany, even without autism.
Vater sein trotz Trennung/Scheidung - Das Portal für Trennungseltern - Mein Albtraum
i am not sure the trasnlation works, but you can try it.
I did not continue there, but i did not have contact for 7 months now in any form, and will not have until Septmber '22 at least.

thank you.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. What are Feds? What kind of violence went on? How old is your son? Is he in foster care now?

Again, realistically then, from what you say, you are unlikely to win this then? Is there some way of cooperating with the authorities in order to get access to your son?

No, there is no way to get access.
He was forced to return to his mother, the 'feds' are the supporters, the youth office etc..
They lied and it is criminal, that is the problem.
I still wait for a complaint, afterwards i could file another constitutional complaint.
the same for contact.

So there is no way to win this, you are right.

Yes had a look at the translated account you posted, sorry to hear how difficult this has been. I guess my point is, unfortunately fighting this is leading to less and less contact with your son, irrespective of you feeling you are right in the points you are making. Would ceasing the fight and doing your best to put yourself in a positive place, be a way forward? This may be more persuasive to authorities than continuing complaints.

Sorry to hear that. I wondered if these guys were keen for you to agree with their way of looking at it and would be more positive about you if you did?

New Threads

Top Bottom